Home
Posted By: abbydog Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/27/20
I keep an eye on opening the borders and not sure if I want to send my outfitter another $5,000 next month or wait and pay in full upon arrival if that happens.

Is the Canadian government going to allow all of us in country with. The potential risk of someone infecting a group of folks in various lodges?
That would be disastrous.

Too many people in the U.S. aren’t following the rules.
Posted By: Moosie_4570 Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/29/20
I wouldn't hold my breath on coming into our country to hunt this fall.I would rate the % at under 1%.
Posted By: oldguns Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/29/20
Watching this closely
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/29/20
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...fection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/research#tourismincanada
Posted By: EdM Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
I am booked for 18 days outside Toad River BC beginning 28 August. I don't see it happening either.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
Sept 11th for me. I don't see it happening either.
Posted By: abbydog Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
Steve Redgwell,

Thank you for the sites you posted. I wasn’t familiar with destinationcanada.com

I’m beginning to think it’s a no go unless the government requires a confirmed test result, 24-48 hours before arricvimg in Canada and then a retest at the border.

I can’t imagine all the U.S. people on the ferry traveling to NF would be allowed in country without being tested several times.

Bad for the outfitters, good for the moose!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
The game wardens are going to have to ticket the locals hard to keep the fine money coming in.
Posted By: Judman Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
Think we’re hosed boys..
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
Originally Posted by abbydog
Steve Redgwell,

Thank you for the sites you posted. I wasn’t familiar with destinationcanada.com

I’m beginning to think it’s a no go unless the government requires a confirmed test result, 24-48 hours before arricvimg in Canada and then a retest at the border.

I can’t imagine all the U.S. people on the ferry traveling to NF would be allowed in country without being tested several times.

Bad for the outfitters, good for the moose!

You're welcome. Sorry that it couldn't be better news.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 06/30/20
Canadian government is extending the 14 day quarantine to all persons entering the country.That adds immensely to the time required for the visit and to the cost. Then your home nation may also have a 14 day quarantine when you return.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/quarantine-rules-extended-again-1.5631731

Effectively we're stuck on our own side of the 49th parallel. Very glad I did not put in for Wyoming antelope! Too big of a gamble that if drawn on my 9 points, I would not be able to use the tag this year.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/03/20
August 31st now.

https://rdnewsnow.com/2020/07/02/fe...8meGQQbAJVOO7Jo34pm3DFosV8TzRnivRgz60XY0
Posted By: Hastings Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/03/20
My wife and I were planning to drive across Canada to Alaska in September on our yearly sightseeing vacation. I guess that is not going to happen? Can anyone tell me if travel from the lower 48 into Alaska is allowed considering the Corona panic?
Posted By: abbydog Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/10/20
I spoke to our outfitter yesterday in NF and her season to date is dead, not even Canadians by the sound of it.
The province gave the outfitters $10,000 as did the government.
Wait and see, they are hoping but skeptical.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by Hastings
My wife and I were planning to drive across Canada to Alaska in September on our yearly sightseeing vacation. I guess that is not going to happen? Can anyone tell me if travel from the lower 48 into Alaska is allowed considering the Corona panic?

I imagine they are may be rethinking the present rules. At one point they were allowing U.S. residents who said they wanted to enter and drive directly to Alaska to cross the border. Then some were caught making side trips to Banff, etc. So, if there are new problems it is attributable to the actions of U.S. residents.

Jim
Posted By: 450yukon Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/12/20
As of now you can still drive through Canada to Alaska as quickly and directly possible. If someone strays off route it is a $1000 fine per person in vehicle. My brothers GF just came back from Missouri after helping her mother there for last 2 weeks with med appointment's and was told at Cdn border to go directly home and quarantine for 2 weeks. She was stopped by RCMP 30 miles into Canada as CBSA had alerted them and making sure she was on track and to expect check ups over next 2 weeks.

So her and my brother will have 14 days house arrest.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/12/20
I let my outfitter know I'd be up for a late season goat hunt this year as he always has openings, but it's not looking likely.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/13/20
Originally Posted by abbydog
I keep an eye on opening the borders and not sure if I want to send my outfitter another $5,000 next month or wait and pay in full upon arrival if that happens.

Is the Canadian government going to allow all of us in country with. The potential risk of someone infecting a group of folks in various lodges?
That would be disastrous.

Too many people in the U.S. aren’t following the rules.

I talked to an outfitter in NL today. He didn't think that Americans will be allowed across. Might make for some deasl for us in the near Atlantic provinces.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Originally Posted by Hastings

I imagine they are may be rethinking the present rules. At one point they were allowing U.S. residents who said they wanted to enter and drive directly to Alaska to cross the border. Then some were caught making side trips to Banff, etc. So, if there are new problems it is attributable to the actions of U.S. residents.

Jim

Yep, this has happened, Americans caught touring around Banff. They were all charged. If you are going to Alaska, keep on the route. Straying off the route opens you up to expensive prosecutions. They are not joking around.
Posted By: abbydog Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 07/17/20
I saw today date was pushed to August 21st.
My son called the outfitter yesterday and she moved us to next year same dates. She is not taking any more deposits for 2021 hunts.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 08/03/20
Any updates yet on Canda's travel ban for the Fall? I know it's slim and none, but wanting an official word if you guys have one. Thanks.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 08/03/20
It is not looking good.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 08/03/20
I believe the present travel ban across the border extends to Aug. 21st. It is unlikely and decision will be made before then.

Jim
Posted By: abbydog Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 08/09/20
With Covid cases going thru the roof in various parts of the states, I don’t see it happening.
People don’t get it.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 08/14/20
Now extended to Sept.21st.

Jim
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fall moose hunt ?? - 08/14/20
Thank you Jim, I'm not happy. Nothing anybody can do.
© 24hourcampfire