Home
Hopefully I got the link done properly

Alberta Challenges Feds
Failed trying again.
Hi GRF I went to the link but got this message:

This site can’t be reached
Check if there is a typo in https.
If spelling is correct, try running connectivity Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Killer bee I’m working on it.

https://www.westernstandard.news/ne...99a7f7c-3dd4-11ed-a01f-db770a086a4e.html

Is the link I’m trying to link to.

I got it linked but now have a log or sign up page.

I’ll keep working on it but I’m a little short on digital skills.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-...allenging-federal-firearms-ban-1.6084864

Try this link.
Sorry for all the hassle to get to proper working link.
GRF;
Evening my friend, is this what you're looking for?

Maybe?

Dwayne
No worries thank you Sir
That’s it Dwayne!!

Thanks bud. Now folks have two links with some good news on the Canadian gun front.
Didn't they learn anything with the gun registry?
Thanks for posting GRF...1st link works for me.
That is great to hear there is at least some politico's with balls to tell Trudeau to shove it.

Here in BC, this fake government would have us hand in all of our machine guns, because we all own machine guns.

I will never hand in any firearm..ever.
673;
Good evening my friend, I hope your season has been going okay so far and you're all well up there.

Indeed while I am one the one hand heartened by Alberta, it's absolutely disappointing to know that BC will remain silent and compliant on this matter with our present government.

Some folks who I talk to - of varied ethnic backgrounds might I add - are decidedly disinclined to acquiesce to the demands of the Crown Prince. That ship mighta sailed, you know?

We'll see, but there is a change in the wind I believe I feel stronger all the time.

We'll see.

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
NDP will not help , Both Vancouver and Victoria , Van Island are to far left to help.

norm
Originally Posted by KillerBee
communist never learn . they have a take over agenda ,and facts be damned
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
communist never learn . they have a take over agenda ,and facts be damned

Touche!
What province is High River in?
Alberta
kkahmann;
Good morning my cyber friend to the east, I hope all is going according to plan as much as possible for you.

When the High River flood happened in 2013, if I'm recalling the time sequence correctly, Alberta had more or less just concluded they'd go with the RCMP again and not revert back to an Alberta Provincial Police force which they did have from 1917 to 1932.

There's been a whole bunch of discussion in Alberta about resurrecting an Alberta Police Force, especially in the leadership race for the next United Conservative Party.

If I'm not wrong, the High River RCMP fiasco has been front and center in those discussions.

While I've been a supporter of the RCMP and all Canadian LEO in general, the mess they've made of High River, the Nova Scotia killing spree, the New Brunswick shooting and perhaps we could argue even the loss of 4 members at Mayerthorpe have all eroded public confidence in the RCMP noticeably. That's my opinion only of course.

If you've watched any of Commissioner Lucki's testimony on the inquiry into the Nova Scotia murder spree it's pretty clear - to me - that she was a political appointee plain and simple. The difference between her responses and some of the other senior RCMP brass who said she was pressuring them for the firearm information was day and night - in my view.

Out west here the biggest RCMP detachment in Canada is Surrey, BC and as of 2018 they began to formally transition to their own police services. That didn't look fantastic on the RCMP either really.

We'll see where this all leads, but it's for sure interesting times we're living in.

All the best to you on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne
Looks like Sask may be joining in on this as well. Not much news on it yet.
Saskatchewan Joins Alberta - No Provincial Resources for Fed Gun Grab

On September 27, Christine Tell, Saskatchewan Minister of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety, informed RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore that “the Government of Saskatchewan does not support and will not authorize the use of provincially funded resources for any process that is connected to the federal governments proposed ‘buy back’ of these firearms.”i

“The Government of Saskatchewan fully supports anti-crime initiatives,” Minister Tell said, “that truly focus on the issues related to the criminal use of illegal firearms, preventing and combatting gang violence and addresses the issue of illegal or smuggled guns in our province.”

“We do not and will not support initiatives that only impact the law abiding, RCMP vetted, hunters, sport shooters, ranchers, farmers and others who use firearms for lawful and good reasons.”

“That said, we will not authorize the use of provincially funded resources of any type for the federal government’s ‘buy back’ program.”

Saskatchewan’s Public Safety Minister Christine Tell and Alberta’s Justice Minister Tyler Shandro are unequivocal in their positions.

Provincially-funded RCMP personnel and resources will not be removed from the very real job of protecting and defending public safety in order to pander to the Liberal government’s useless virtue-signaling agenda.

These two provinces clearly comprehend what Justin Trudeau and his Liberal ship of fools do not: Focusing on federally-licensed, RCMP-vetted firearm owners while ignoring violent repeat offenders is ridiculous – deserving of ridicule – and will not be tolerated.

The CSSA thanks Ministers Shandro and Tell, Chief Firearms Officers Teri Bryant and Chief Firearms Officer Robert Freberg for their forward-thinking, hard work and dedication on behalf of the firearms owners of Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Ontario Call to Action

Alberta and Saskatchewan’s refusal to assist Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government and his efforts to confiscate your legally-possessed property is a relief to prairie citizens - but they also show what’s possible.

We urge Ontario residents to contact the Hon. Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario, and politely encourage him to stand up for Ontarians and refuse to assist Ottawa’s gun confiscation efforts.

Ontario Provincial Police members are paid with Ontario tax dollars to serve Ontarians, not Ottawa’s lackeys.

When you write Premier Ford, consider including these points:

The May 1, 2020 gun ban by Order in Council did nothing to make Ontario safer
Confiscating firearms from licensed owners has no rational connection to any public safety goals
There is no evidence or public safety principle to support these actions
Their proposed confiscations are a disturbing use of billions of tax dollars for zero gain in public safety
Ottawa had no plan when they announced their virtue-signalling gun ban and they have no plan today to confiscate the private property of Ontarians.
Do not permit Justin Trudeau’s federal government to offload their misguided polices onto the backs of Ontarians
Do not permit Ottawa to force Ontarians to pay for its failures
Join Tyler Shandro, Alberta Minister of Justice, and Christine Tell, Saskatchewan Minister of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety and oppose Ottawa’s overreach and, in so doing, support and defend all Ontario firearm owners

Premier Doug Ford

Legislative Building

Queen's Park

Toronto ON M7A 1A1

Tel: 416-325-1941

Phone: [email protected]

https://www.ontario.ca/page/premier
https://thecountersignal.com/breaking-manitoba-doesnt-want-rcmp-aiding-trudeaus-gun-grab-scheme/
Saskatchewan and Manitoba have now taken the same stance as Alberta
Great news.
Took over 2 years for these premiers to find their nuts. Wouldn’t have anything to do with Polievre, would it?
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Took over 2 years for these premiers to find their nuts. Wouldn’t have anything to do with Polievre, would it?

Sucking up to the new boss. smile

Probably not. Sask was giving Ottawa the butt on guns for a while.
New Brunswick has joined the list of provinces that will not back JT's gun grab.

Good news!

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/news/news_release.2022.10.0577.html
We are lucky the NDP are not in charge in Alberta now!
here is another thought ? January 2023 the Whitehouse will see a big change most likely ? ever thought about some of the Provinces succeeding to America ? you guys deserve better and should keep all of your rights including your guns , plus you guys should be able to own handguns too if your not a criminal. good people should not have freedoms taken away ever that`s B.S. period. right now us Americans have a idiot in Washington by a dishonest election we plan on changing that too.
Originally Posted by pete53
here is another thought ? January 2023 the Whitehouse will see a big change most likely ? ever thought about some of the Provinces succeeding to America ? you guys deserve better and should keep all of your rights including your guns , plus you guys should be able to own handguns too if your not a criminal. good people should not have freedoms taken away ever that`s B.S. period. right now us Americans have a idiot in Washington by a dishonest election we plan on changing that too.
More than just thought about it. There's quite the movement in Alberta right now, pushing for exactly that.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
More than just thought about it. There's quite the movement in Alberta right now, pushing for exactly that.

the time to do it is when Trump gets back in ,he`s the man who can get it done ! good luck ,Pete53 p.s. sure would be great !

I'd rather see Canada get it's act together before changing flags.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
New Brunswick has joined the list of provinces that will not back JT's gun grab.

Good news!

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/news/news_release.2022.10.0577.html
That is great news.
Why in the hell would Canadians decide to let themselves be governed by Washington DC, New York, and California? Doesn't matter which party is in charge, there would be nothing to gain. Now, if it were possible to drive a spike just north of Duluth, pivot the border so it ran along the west bank of the Mississippi, then slice off a fifty mile wide swath along the west coast, I could almost go for that.
What we really need is for the whole country to simply come to its senses and quit electing free-spending fools to public office. GD
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'd rather see Canada get it's act together...

Originally Posted by greydog
What we really need is for the whole country to simply come to its senses and quit electing free-spending fools to public office. GD
I get the sentiment, fellas, but good luck with that. The best predictor of the future is the past, and Canadian history is one full of the East abusing the West, and voters electing fools into office most of the time because of the promise of welfare lifestyle.

It’s a failed experiment and a broken, long-term abusive marriage. There have been many chances for change, with no sign of any traction. Time for a divorce.

Whether the West joins the US or makes a go of it on its own, either way would be better than what we’ve been suffering. If one were trying to convince the West to join the confederation today, I can’t think of a single compelling case to do so.
Why in the hell would Canadians decide to let themselves be governed by Washington DC, New York, and California?GD
Because at least in the US the states have substantial autonomy, and many of them have a backbone. Canadians have been conditioned to have neither.
Why in the hell would Canadians decide to let themselves be governed by Washington DC, New York, and California?GD
Because at least in the US the states have substantial autonomy, and many of them have a backbone. Canadians have been conditioned to have neither.

^^ THIS ^^ Trump can smooth it over , and protect the western Provinces if and when it happens ?
Jordan;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope that the day is looking good on your side of the Rockies and all in your fine family are well.

Regarding your thoughts on Canadian confederation and history, I'd add the following observations.

Even in my youth there were still discussions about how to keep Canada "more British" and that was certainly a factor in the lack of a separatist movement out west - I think.

That said, somewhere in my cap collection there's a Western Canada Concept cap and that along with the Preston Manning's Reform Party were popular in our part of eastern Saskatchewan back then. For sure the Reform Party was Jordan.

While we've got a lot of recent immigrants here in BC, especially on the coast, the ones that I've interacted with see the inequity of the treatment of provinces very quickly and for the most part question it and do not approve.

I'm not sure which way the Lower Mainland might go if a vote came up today, but that said Jordan, given where our hydro power comes from as well as other natural resources, I'd think that a fiscal case could be made to the folks there for trying a different arrangement.

Personally, with no ill will towards our US friends whatsoever, I'd like to see a plan put forth for going on our own.

Your thought of "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" is in my view and direct experience spot on.

Interesting times for sure and as I keep saying, we'll see.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

the time to do it is when Trump gets back in ,he`s the man who can get it done ! good luck ,Pete53 p.s. sure would be great !

In order to be an idiot, you must have an IQ. Biden has none. Remember, even an ass hole has a purpose.
I was raised in both countries and attended school in both countries. I was in Canada when we still flew the Red Ensign and when we first elect Pierre Trudeau Believe me when I say Canada threw her heritage away.
I lived in the northwestern states and served in the US Army at Uncle Sam's request (Greetings.....). I've lived in the south and in upstate NY. While I think both countries have something to offer, I think I would much rather see western Canada go it alone than join the US. Although, I could get behind absorbing Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas! GD
Nothing will become of this. The central govt will keep pushing their agenda as always. Enforcement and procurement of liberty requires action. Words and legislation and court proceedings are largely worthless
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

In order to be an idiot, you must have an IQ. Biden has none. Remember, even an ass hole has a purpose.

i wish the best for the western provinces and being part of Canada and England is not in their best interest , some how either join AMERICA or figure a way to succeed with America`s help but wait tell Trump gets back in then strike and strike hard . talking about Biden is a waste of time we all know he is a idiot and isn`t running anything anyway Obongko is still pulling strings with his dishonest tactics.
The Yukon is out of the buy back as well.

https://www.yukon-news.com/local-ne...uy-back-program-passes-with-ndp-support/

Nothing can be found about this or the NB story on the CBC anywhere. <shocker>
All good news, however......I do wonder what the motivation for these Provinces/territories is?

Is it because they are concerned about the loss of freedoms for the Citizens of Canada? because none of them gave a shyte previously about our rights/privileges being trampled, whether they be collective or individual rights..... or is it because of some other reason that I have missed?
Originally Posted by 673
All good news, however......I do wonder what the motivation for these Provinces/territories is?

Is it because they are concerned about the loss of freedoms for the Citizens of Canada? because none of them gave a shyte previously about our rights/privileges being trampled, whether they be collective or individual rights..... or is it because of some other reason that I have missed?

Honestly, I think they smell blood in the water re Turdeau. If Poiliviere wasn't polling so well, they'd be good little lap dogs.

I wonder how long until Turdeau fart-sniffer Ford jumps on. If BC jumps on, Turdeau will back off, I think. There seems to have been a groundswell against the Good Ol' Boy way of doing things in their recent municipal elections.
I doubt that BC will back off, this NDP government is so out of touch, they are schilling for the UN, and the guy we have here still refers to a semi-auto as a machine gun, its really that bad. frown

Your theory makes sense, I thought the same after you posted it. Now I am wondering if we aren't headed for a Constitutional showdown of some kind?

Wondering if we weren't maneuvered into a....who controls what debate. For some time now I have been thinking and saying Trudeau would love to open the Constitution up for a fine tuning.
If nothing else, the East Kootenay region would be better off as part of Alberta; cut off from the Lower Mainland, AKA Commieland. GD
© 24hourcampfire