Home
Posted By: RinB When can US hunters visit - 04/14/20

What are your best estimates of when US residents can travel into Yukon?
I'm not sure, and I don't think anyone has enough knowledge to know.

The moose population where I live has declined in the past decade. Maybe, this will give them some breathing space - no pun intended.
Posted By: comerade Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/14/20
I don't even think this discussion it is on the table right now. Hunting camp is a very social experience, and not very sanitary. Spike camps are no better.
There are several outfitters in our locality her in south east B.C.- neighbors of mine....it looks pretty quiet around their home places. I don't know about the Yukon but it might be worth a call to GOABC( guide outfitters of BC)
Just cancelled my June 1 fishing trip. Got a full refund on my air fare.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/14/20
I’m gettin calls every day from cooped-up fishermen. I have noticed the tone of the conversations is changing.
You can scare the crap outta people for a while but without the corresponding death toll it won’t hold.
I would bet good money that the border will be open by June.
Can't see it, myself Karl !

Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm wondering when making a trip will be legal as well.

Richard, I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but here is my $0.02.

Seems Canada, has flattened the "Covid curve" & are on the decrease.

USA is still heading the wrong way.

I can't see us, opening our borders to US citizens, or even people traveling through the US & risking another spike !

Sorry.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/14/20
Right now, they won't let us in the fix the roof.
Posted By: rost495 Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/14/20
Just talked to my bosses who need to get through Canada at some point with our boat parts to AK for fishing season.

They said Canada let a friend through, said simply she had a business to run and needed to get there now. There was no problem.

As much of an ass the US side is every single time I've tried to re enter my OWN country, I'd be more afraid of the US border than the Canada one. I've only had one grumpy Canada crossing and we caused that not known to ourselves at the moment...our fault.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/14/20
I might just be wishful thinking here Paul—but Iam seeing cracks in the lockdown here locally. You know this is the best time for walleye fishing thru the ice and the guys are going out—in groups larger than 5 and you know how that goes. Some are even building fires out on the ice—so I’m told cause i’m staying home but i’m gettin lots of text messages.
I'm hearing you Karl !

Two man adventures, & both from same household.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doug & I fished 3 out of 4 days of the Easter long weekend & caught a bunch !

Closed season now though, right ?
Posted By: rost495 Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/15/20
Man that looks like fun!
Posted By: yukon254 Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I’m gettin calls every day from cooped-up fishermen. I have noticed the tone of the conversations is changing.
You can scare the crap outta people for a while but without the corresponding death toll it won’t hold.
I would bet good money that the border will be open by June.

Same with us. I also think the border will be open by June.
Posted By: ribka Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
I'm hearing you Karl !

Two man adventures, & both from same household.

Doug & I fished 3 out of 4 days of the Easter long weekend & caught a bunch !

Closed season now though, right ?

Good to see people out fishing
Posted By: wabigoon Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/15/20
I hope Paul, and his friends leave a couple for me!
That's our Son, Doug, Richard !
Any updates on the border opening?

Thanks,

Lefty
Posted By: BC30cal Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/25/20
leftycarbon & RinB;
Good morning to you both, I hope that this finds you and your respective yours as well as can be what with the state we're all finding ourselves in these days.

Our very good friend and next door neighbor is the lead mechanic for a bunch of placer mines between Dawson City and Whitehorse, who in "normal" years goes up about a week ago and comes back in early October to catch the tail end of elk season.

At present as far as he is aware, "they" are stopping all traffic at the BC/Yukon border and only allowing workers in - provided said worker can show they've got a 2 week isolation/quarantine plan in place as well as employment.

The outfit he works for was told they'd only be allowed to quarantine in a hotel using room service - at this point anyways.

While there's talk of individual provinces and territories being allowed to restart businesses and services as they see fit - for instance I don't believe PEI has had any cases yet and Saskatchewan seems ready to get back at it while Quebec is getting worse daily - the opening of international borders is still under the governance of PM Shiny Pony and his globalist minions.

At last word that I heard from Mr. Dressup, it would be the end of May at least before they'd look at it again.

That said, if PM Sparkle Socks said the sun came up in the east, I'd personally check as he's been known to both prevaricate and have an ulterior motive/not so hidden agenda for most of his verbal communication attempts.

Lastly, in true Canadian fashion, I'll apologize for being less than charitable of our PM in a straightforward question from friends on the other side of the medicine line.

Speaking for myself alone, the faster we can get back on track of any semblance of "normal" the better off our grand children will be as it pertains to paying off the spending spree taking place up here.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news gentlemen. All the best to you all and stay well.

Dwayne

BC

Thanks for the update

Be well

Lefty
Posted By: yukon254 Re: When can US hunters visit - 04/30/20
Dwyane, you are correct. They are using COs to man the border. They have a checkpoint set up right at the scales in Watson Lake. They are letting Alaskans through but only giving them 24 hours to get through the territory. We think alike when it comes to our fearless leader. Latest scuttlebutt is he is busying himself with taking away more of our guns. Hope you and yours are enjoying spring. The bears are out here now so the wife and I are heading up north to look for an old boar.
© 24hourcampfire