Home
Posted By: ingwe Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/21/12
And different kind of guns...

I posted this yesterday in another forum, but the new dog is in the house! laugh

'Rommel'

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Karnis Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/21/12
Beautiful dog. Already looks like he knows what to do. Is he going to be biting bad guys or guiding good guys? grin
Posted By: Reba Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/21/12
GREAT set of ears!
Originally Posted by Reba
GREAT set of ears!

1+ And I imagine he'll grow into those ears!

NB
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/21/12
Originally Posted by Karnis
Beautiful dog. Already looks like he knows what to do. Is he going to be biting bad guys or guiding good guys? grin

Both... grin

And like others have said, he will grow into his ears...and feet... wink
Posted By: Karnis Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/21/12
Top shelf right there.
I like him! Love the name!
Nice looking dog there.
Posted By: rick35 Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/23/12
great looking pup with a cool name.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/23/12
Name is perfect, great looking pup.
Great looking pup! At least his ears are not as big as the Poobahs, so he doesn't have to carry that stigma around with him! whistle
Posted By: Ed_T Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/28/12
Very nice Tom!

Deb said she met Rommel yesterday and that he was fine looking.
Very nice INGWE.

He can also be taught as an assist/seeing eye dog now that you are retarded....
oops I mean retired grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/29/12
Not retired...late life career change! ( though my sister calls it the perfect retirement job... grin )
That dog is one cute little bastid! I would LOVE to have a service k9 that handsome (hell, I'd take any k9!)
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/29/12
Thanks! hes gonna be a looker!

Latest pic of him with his first dumbell...after me.... whistle

[Linked Image]
IS he to be a police k9 biting like a mofo's like a mofo?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/30/12
He will be taught some "Protection Work"...... whistle
Thats what I'm talkin bout!

Is that YOUR new dog, or new project?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 06/30/12
Both.... grin

He is my new 'demo' dog and will have to learn basically everything I can teach a dog, so he will be doing Service Dog stuff ( Mobility Assistance) and Police K9 stuff- Narcotics, tracking, and Apprehension.

My current demo dog is ten years old, by the time this guy is trained, she will be ready to retire...
Sounds like a dog I need!
Is he a crossbreed or purebred?

What is the "perfect" retirement job now?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/02/12
He is pure. Working stock from breeder carrying on old country tradition( only Schutzhund titled dogs are allowed to breed) His father was from the Czech Republic. He has a whole lot better pedigree than I do! grin

Perfect retirement job is teaching college- in my case Canine Stuff for the first ever Anthrozoology Program.
Posted By: podunk Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/03/12
Little feller looks sharp. Ill come up and assist with the 'fetch beer' training...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/03/12
We will also need a young, agile bite decoy.... whistle
Im not skeered... only so long before I have a run in with a police dog...
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/03/12
grin

Running will only make you tired....

George
No worries ,dogs love me. grin
Originally Posted by NH K9
grin

Running will only make you tired....

George

George: question...Ive never raised one of these from a baby but when this little dude gets what I consider a harsh correction from either me or one of the older dogs, he lights up like a Xmas tree with that " Oh, boy we get to play rough now!" expression laugh Is that normal? as I said, he's not a hard dog...

Should come in handy later though.... grin
Posted By: DMc Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/03/12
Originally Posted by ingwe
We will also need a young, agile bite decoy.... whistle

TANNER? OH Tanner..., job for you.

Hehe
I definitely like to see tgat trait in a hog dog. Catching scumbags and catching hogs cant be too far apart....
Its not, but I never heard of a bad guy catching on fire when you shot him! grin
Guarantee you if he rubs on a lighter post beforehand he will. grin
We should install a few in the 'inner city'..... whistle
Ive had a few bulldogs that wouldve been fun to try out on inner city scumbags... grin
Oh, boy we get to play rough now!" expression Is that normal?

"Normal" for a GSD in general, or "normal" for the GSD that we're looking for? grin

I don't know about normal, but it sure would please me if it were my pup!

George
Thanks George, I figured its just part of the "on/off" switch...I'm all about the positive reinforcement angle but the little dude totaled out my computer wiring 4 times in a row, so he got about a six foot toss across the floor...something that would have shut my other dogs down...he thought it was fuggin' GREAT! laugh

Same deal last night when tried stealing an ice cube from my older dog, she hammered him and he got ten minutes worth of the waggin' tail zoomies!

Its odd to see the personality surface, he has no use for a ball, but likes the Kong ( +1 grin ) and he is REALLY liking the puppy tug made out of french linen bite suit material ( +2 grin grin)
Ingwe:
Looks like you got a good one. A little hard headed is not so bad as long as he gets the "Pack Master" strait. I had a h*ll of a time getting that one through to my GSP. Best bird dog I have ever had though!

Our Sherrifs dept would probably volunteer to work on your test subjects. Their Malinois are VERY effective. We got to see a demonstation last year on live targets. The bicycle take down was eye opening!!
Its odd to see the personality surface, he has no use for a ball, but likes the Kong ( +1 ) and he is REALLY liking the puppy tug made out of french linen bite suit material ( +2 )

FWIW, I never introduced Gipsy to a tennis ball. It's a Kong or nothing where that is concerned (I haven't seen a school yet that puts half-Kongs on the bottom of their chairs!). In fact, one of the guys dropped a tennis ball at the "end" of a track and she walked right over it and continued tracking past. I keep a minimum of two "suit tugs" on hand at all times as well. That's my "secret weapon" for polishing obedience.

George
The bicycle take down was eye opening!!

Something like this, maybe......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Guess I got lucky...toss a ball for this dude and he looks at you like " Ya got anything better...?" grin

And suit tugs...yeah, I buy them two at a time...always grin
Latest pic...

[Linked Image]
" Ya got anything better...?"

They always want more/better! grin

One Kong isn't enough, you damn sure better have the second in the air as soon as they obey the "out" or it's pissyville!

I love the coloration, though basic black is where it's at....

George
Basic black goes with everything... grin his mother was black...

Got lots of kongs around and I ordinarily only use one..Training from a baby allows you to develop a good 'out' and so far, this guy is good on the 'out' ...puberty may change that, and I know how to run the Two Squeakies...if need be... wink
NH K9,

Yep, that looks familiar. It was very cool to see them work. The overall speed to overtake and then launch to pull down the rider was awesome to see. Thanks for the pics.

FB
Originally Posted by ingwe
And different kind of guns...

I posted this yesterday in another forum, but the new dog is in the house! laugh

'Rommel'

[Linked Image]

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW...... laugh

What a great pup. He sure looks like a winner. wink
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/20/12
Latest update...the new pup was digging around in the closet without permission and found a puppy bite sleeve, brought it to me as if he knew what it was for.... grin

Turns out...he did! laugh

[Linked Image]
Ahhh! I've been waiting to see some pics of him. Beautiful coloring, an awesome looking pup. Well worth the trip to Michigan I bet. grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/27/12
YEP!

Except for those days when he acts like a little baby boy...

Or acts like a puppy....

Or acts like a GSD..... wink

He has almost been re-named " Satan" a couple times....

But I expected that smile
Posted By: ingwe Re: Different kind of gun dog.. - 07/27/12
Brinky: here's one for you: Baby's first exposure to Dope grin
This was a week ago and he has already progressed past line searches...I swear he read the manual....

[Linked Image]
Gotta love the intense look. Just waiting for more. I love pups at that age, they're all ears. He sure is a handsome devil. Enjoy.
inger
My Red Doberman bitch was like that all her life you swatted or thumped her firmly and she thought you were playing, scold her
and she just welted and spent all day if necessary to get back in your good graces. Best dog I ever had much smarter that I.
Still miss her. Cheers NC
© 24hourcampfire