Home
As promised, here's a link to the preorder I told you guys I'd post. The rifle on the preorder is a Tikka T3X Lite Stainless Left Hand in 6.5 Creedmoor. The specs are the same as the right handed gun.

Most of you guys know the drill. We can't list the price. Click on the "click here for price" tab and input your email in the space provided. You'll receive an email from us stating the price of the rifle. You'll need to add the rifle to the shopping cart from your email. The preorders require a minimum of 15% down to place the rifle on layaway. You're not required to pay in full at this time, but payment in full will need to made before the rifle ships.

We're expecting the rifles sometime in mid to late April. We put a disclaimer on the description identifying May as the delivery date to keep the wolves at bay!

I can't process an order through a PM, so you'll have to go through the normal process for purchase.

As always, we appreciate the business and happy shopping!

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1802231552126
Thanks for making this happen! Got my order in!!! Kurt

Looks like you can put it on Layaway
Got my order in as well..my son is going to be...surprised. I hope!! He has never hunted with a "Bolt Action" rifle
Got mine ordered just now! Thank you.
Well, there is a second one coming to Alaska. Got mine ordered.
sent
Oh boy! Time I start lining up paperwork to get one of these imported north of the 49th.
GREAT price Darrik, thanks!!

Mine will be better than Bobby Roberts:-)
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Oh boy! Time I start lining up paperwork to get one of these imported north of the 49th.

What's all involved in getting a gun from Whitaker's up to Canada? I don't have much interest in the 6.5 Creedmoor (if it was a 260 I would most definitely be) but there have been other rifles they have had I would have wanted badly over the years. Some of the Ruger no 1's and LH special buys like this one for example.
will not eddie smile
Originally Posted by gerry35

What's all involved in getting a gun from Whitaker's up to Canada? I don't have much interest in the 6.5 Creedmoor (if it was a 260 I would most definitely be) but there have been other rifles they have had I would have wanted badly over the years. Some of the Ruger no 1's and LH special buys like this one for example.

The guy from Prophet River deals with our internet guys quite often. I can ask them some questions next week. Will that help?
Thanks, I bought a gun they imported a number years ago and they have the info on their website. I'll look into it and watch for something I want to buy smile
i'm assuming we'll need a set of rings & bases for the tikka. so, what's a good setup for say a 1 inch tube & 40mm scope obj?
Thanks, I bought a gun they imported a number years ago and they have the info on their website. I'll look into it and watch for something I want to buy smile

Yup. You, me and Phil. IIRCC.

You know you want a T3 6.5 Creed, Gerry. 😜

Darrik, have you folks dealt with IRunGuns? PR has been good to me in the past, but these guys look to be a more economical option. Just curious on you feedback, if any.

Darrik, have you folks dealt with IRunGuns? PR has been good to me in the past, but these guys look to be a more economical option. Just curious on you feedback, if any.

Yep the 375's smile I like the 260 better and am all set up for it so don't really want the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Checked Prophet River and they charge $250.00 for importing a gun, would be interesting to see how IRunGuns matches up and how they compare in service to PR.
"classic low angled grip"

Not familiar with that term, that refers to a more open grip or more closed grip?

Yep the 375's smile I like the 260 better and am all set up for it so don't really want the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Checked Prophet River and they charge $250.00 for importing a gun, would be interesting to see how IRunGuns matches up and how they compare in service to PR.

Yessir, thems the ones. 🙂

Just razzing you on the 6.5CM. The .260 is a great choice too. Peas in a pod really. I just got my first 6.5CM a few months ago. It's a lot of fun to shoot.

IRunGuns charges $200 for the first firearm in a 'importation period'. $150 for each additional. $25 flat rate shipping in Canada. Service is a unknown to me and I don't know anyone who has used them. Curious though.
I know you are razzing me lol.

That is a bit cheaper, maybe I should put up a thread in the Canada section asking about them.

I’m not familiar with them, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get in touch with them this week.
Regarding the 260, I saw yesterday almost 30 factory ammo choices for it on Midwayusa. That seems to be an increase.
One on the way to my house. Interested in suggestions about rings, also.
i bought a leupold base and have a set of rings. used talleys in the past and was pleased
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

I’m not familiar with them, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get in touch with them this week.

Thank you for your willingness to work with us Canadians. I emailed for a price and will be in touch.
Yes thanks. I'll be watching this for future buys.
I feel like I'm sitting in the Waffle House........I'm waffling from yes to no as far as ordering something I REALLY don't need. The web site says 10 of these babies left.

So how would this fit in between a 243, 260 and 7mm-08 already "in house"? cry
It'll fit just fine. Come on in, the water's fine!
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
... The web site says 10 9 of these babies left. ... tick, tock... tick, tock...

grin
Good for you guys, glad you are scooping them up. Hope Wrongside has his on the way..............
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
... The web site says 10 9 of these babies left. ... tick, tock... tick, tock...

grin

Cute...real cute....still laughing at your post.
Good for you guys, glad you are scooping them up. Hope Wrongside has his on the way..............

Not yet. Tried to get the ball rolling online, but, let's just say my 'State' isn't listed as an option when setting up an account. 😉

Need to find time during the day and call instead.
I was hoping Darrik would sell all 22 rifles here on the campfire......still plenty of time left.

Not yet. Tried to get the ball rolling online, but, let's just say my 'State' isn't listed as an option when setting up an account. 😉

Need to find time during the day and call instead.

I’ll get it rolling tomorrow for you. Shoot me an email and we’ll go from there. We hadn’t set anything up with the importer yet.

[email protected]
I may bite, gonna sleep on it.....great price. And layaway is convenient.

I’ll get it rolling tomorrow for you. Shoot me an email and we’ll go from there. We hadn’t set anything up with the importer yet.

[email protected]

Email sent. Please let me know any additional info you may need. Thanks a lot!!
I might need in on this..... Looking at it the stock is "modular"....somebody tell me the LOP is adjustable(?). I'm a righty, but have 3 left eye dominant kids.
Hi guys. Anyone know the twist rate on these?
SAS can't list the price but nothing stopping someone who ordered one from posting what they paid...
1 in 8"
Click the link, put in an email address and the price is revealed.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1802231552126

$639.99, which is one hell of a lot cheaper than the $848 or thereabout most folks charge for a T3x Lite.

[email protected]

Hope you keep us posted on how it worked to bring the gun across the border. They have some nice LH options and special runs at Whittakers.

[email protected]

Hope you keep us posted on how it worked to bring the gun across the border. They have some nice LH options and special runs at Whittakers.

Will do, Sir. Absolutely.

Darrik, Eric and the young lady (I'm horrible and don't remember her name) I spoke to today when I phoned in my info and deposit have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I wish Whittaker's was my local shop.

We are 'enjoying' a major snow storm here, so I'll probably have extra time on my hands tomorrow and and will set up an account with IRunGuns.
Hard to pass on this.

Any of you guys replace a stock on a T3x? I have 2 (300 win mag and 22-250) and have been curious about this. Light stock, yes, but looking for more customization.

I will be ordering, regardless.

[email protected]

Darrik, Eric and the young lady (I'm horrible and don't remember her name) I spoke to today when I phoned in my info and deposit have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I wish Whittaker's was my local shop.

We are 'enjoying' a major snow storm here, so I'll probably have extra time on my hands tomorrow and and will set up an account with IRunGuns.

Awesome, looking forward to it.
Anyone who has handled one of the T3X stocks know if the LOP is adjustable? Or if left handed youth stock is available from Tikka? I'm lefty ignorant. Thanks....
Not adjustable unless adding a spacer (maybe). I see lots of after market stock options for the T3 but not the T3x, still trying to work that one out. Shoots great with current stock, just not customizable.
Seven left!
Originally Posted by GyrPer1
Not adjustable unless adding a spacer (maybe). I see lots of after market stock options for the T3 but not the T3x, still trying to work that one out. Shoots great with current stock, just not customizable.

T3 stocks work on a T3X. T3x stocks work on a T3. The action, inletting, bottom plastic were not changed for the "x".

These are tempting but I won't be adding 6.5 Creedmor to my stable. I already have a couple of .260's and see no reason to duplicate what they already do while needing to gear up for reloading another cartridge. I could likely make use of another two sixty though.

As for rings, I'm currently using DNZ's and am happy with that choice.
Originally Posted by GyrPer1
Hard to pass on this.

Any of you guys replace a stock on a T3x? I have 2 (300 win mag and 22-250) and have been curious about this. Light stock, yes, but looking for more customization.

I will be ordering, regardless.

Yes, I put a Boyd's on my T3x 300 win mag. I appreciate the weight that it added. I intend to checker or stipple it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

[Linked Image]
Pic also shows the DNZ.
Wow, very nice!!

Thanks for sharing. Is that the T3 lite stock? I heard there were issues with fit, but maybe not!
It's the Boyds T3 stock part #7GA114S451ZZ. I did have a problem originally but that is because Boyd's messed up the inletting. The front action screw holes were offset top to bottom. It was not a T3 vs T3x issue. It was just an issue. They made it right and sent me a new stock which fit perfectly. The bottom metal is aftermarket but the factory stuff fits the same.

My .260 Hunter (T3 not T3x) is currently in a T3X stock. Fit is perfect.
6 in Stock. ** 6 in store
Originally Posted by kk alaska

Those are right hand guns...nothing on the southpaws yet.
Now 5 one is headed to New Mexico.
Anybody have weight on these? Looking for a lightweight 6.5. Internet search brought up 6 lbs 4 oz, but I'm looking for some real world weights.

Shortactionsmoker-Can you weigh one of the right handed ones you have?
Can't be much different than a .243 weight.
They're down to 2 left. #3 landed in my cart.
Down to the last 1... Tick, Tock... Tick, Tock...
Who is going to be the lucky guy who buys the last one?

Those are right hand guns...nothing on the southpaws yet.

The count is on RH guns

If any weighs a RH 6.5 CM also would like to know weight please?
Is the link dead now? Are they all sold? All I get is a white page.

Pretty pumped for these rifles! Bunch of Alpha brass and 147ELDs on the shelf. Scope is sitting in its rings waiting. Just need to order a rail. laugh

Appreciate you making this happen, Darrik!
Link still works and shows 1 more available for preorder
All gone!
Weighed my LH Tikka 1-8 Twist 22-250 With 5 shot mag, Vortex scope, Talley Rings, and Cheekpiece. 7# 14 0unces as shown in Pic. Continue to be impressed with the rifle looking forward to the 6.5 Cr Moor.

[Linked Image]
Drug my feet too long....any way to snag one? Anyone pre order more than one that is having second thoughts and would free one up?
Call Whittaker,s the number they were showing in stock was for the RH rifles.
No Kidding? 10-4. I'm very please with my LH Predator. Would be kinda a direct Double Up. But after seeing 7lbs 14oz All Up....my Predator has to be over that now. Without stock pack....which ugly and clumsy....I seem to find hand to drop a few extra rounds in, foam plugs and a torx wrench. Nice rig
I have both the Tikka and a MRC in 6.5 inbound. I'll sell whichever one isn't my favorite. The MRC arrived, but had a feed problem and is back for rework. It actually felt very good, maybe a little muzzle heavy, but I think if you fluted the barrel it would be perfect.
Was an anticipated delivery date ever indicated on the preordered LH Creeds?
Go back and read the first post. Delivery is expected in May, possibly a bit sooner.
Got it - Thanks
I got an e-mail this morning saying my order was being processed. Looks like the rifles made it in a bit earlier than expected.
Originally Posted by Unalakleet_Yooper
I got an e-mail this morning saying my order was being processed. Looks like the rifles made it in a bit earlier than expected.

Same for me. Just paid the balance so it should be on it's way to my dealer shorty.
Yep...Me too.
I haven't received an email yet, but you can bet I'll probably look every hour. I better get some rings and bases in-bound.
mines coming tomorrow
So it looks like Sako Optilok rings and bases are in pretty short supply, especially the stainless ones. Any bases and rings that folks think are just as good or better?
I have been using Warne rings for the Tikka receiver. No need for a base.
Quesion for you guys on the Tikka? Do the receiver base screws holes need to be enlarged for an 8X40 screw?
Just got an email that mine shipped. Woohoo!
Should someone change their mind on one of these, I would be interested in it. Just shoot me a pm.
Mine also shipped! I wish it would be here in time for my Axis hunt.
I have a feeling I'm going to regret not getting one or two of these for my sons...

Good luck to those who got or are getting them!
Mine is on the way.
FYI - I’m in Florida on vacation and just found out the rifles have the standard 22.4” barrels, not the advertised 24.3” barrels. It make no sense, as the RH 6.5 Creedmoor has the advertised 24.3” barrel.

I prefer the shorter barrel, but some may not. Let me know if it’s an issue and we’ll refund your money and pay for shipping back. Fair warning though, no discounts will be offered. We have a waiting list.

My apologies. I have no idea how they (Tikka) screwed this up....
If contour is the same, I would prefer that barrel length if anyone receives there rifle first please post thoughts and weights.
To me, the benefits of a longer barrel for the CM are few and far between. It's not a hot rod anyway.
If contour is the same, I would prefer that barrel length if anyone receives there rifle first please post thoughts and weights.

Picked mine up about 2 hours ago. Rifle weighs 6 pounds 4 ounces with bolt in, no ammo, no sling, no scope or rings. Seems like a nice balanced package. Proof is in the shooting and that might not happen for a few mounts. I am glad it came with the shorter barrel. Fit and finish looks pretty good.
Originally Posted by rockchucker
mines coming tomorrow

Lucky dog. Mine is probably still a couple months out. 😉
FYI - I’m in Florida on vacation and just found out the rifles have the standard 22.4” barrels, not the advertised 24.3” barrels. It make no sense, as the RH 6.5 Creedmoor has the advertised 24.3” barrel.

I prefer the shorter barrel, but some may not. Let me know if it’s an issue and we’ll refund your money and pay for shipping back. Fair warning though, no discounts will be offered. We have a waiting list.

My apologies. I have no idea how they (Tikka) screwed this up....

That's good news in my books. Had plans for a cut and crown. That won't be necessary now. Have a great vacation!
I canceled my order yesterday so there just might be a spare Creed floating around if anyone is interested.
22 is better than 24, you'll not be getting mine back..... Won't be here till Tuesday.
I just picked mine up and my scope mounts also arrived. I love the weight and balance. It's exactly what I was looking for in a nice light compact rifle for TX whitetails, hogs and blackbuck. I think the folks that slept on these are going to kick themselves.
Mounted my Zeiss HD5 2-10 x 42, bore sighted and ready to hit the range! I really like the constant eye relief of these scopes.

I used the Sako/Tikka Optilock bases w/ low rings. I could actually use the X-low rings, but it would be too low for my natural cheek weld. The bases are a little strange with how they integrate w/ the recoil recess. I kind of expected the pin to fit snugly in the hole, but the pin is about 1/8" dia. and the recess is about 1/4" dia. Am I missing something here? I slid the base back until the pin contacted the back of the recess.

The bolt operation is smooth as butter!
it has arrived. 3.5-10x44 zeiss conquest is on it and bore sighted. shoot it tomorrow. yes baby smile
Look forward to all you guy's range reports!

I've got a 3-12 LRHS, XTR Sigs, Alpha brass and 147ELDs, sitting here ready to go. Just waiting on a Mountain Tac 20 MOA rail... then the rifle. Can't wait. 🙂
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Mounted my Zeiss HD5 2-10 x 42, bore sighted and ready to hit the range! I really like the constant eye relief of these scopes.

I used the Sako/Tikka Optilock bases w/ low rings. I could actually use the X-low rings, but it would be too low for my natural cheek weld. The bases are a little strange with how they integrate w/ the recoil recess. I kind of expected the pin to fit snugly in the hole, but the pin is about 1/8" dia. and the recess is about 1/4" dia. Am I missing something here? I slid the base back until the pin contacted the back of the recess.

That's normal. The Warne pins are larger but there still is some play. Best to slide it forward. As the gun recoils, the scope wants to slide forward, not back.
Originally Posted by KenMi

That's normal. The Warne pins are larger but there still is some play. Best to slide it forward. As the gun recoils, the scope wants to slide forward, not back.

Yep. Already made that change after I did a little more research.
3 shots touching at 100 with federal 140 grain non typical factory ammo. cant post a pic but would text one to someone
Oh man. Sounds promising! Nice shooting, rockchucker!
it'll shoot better i was dicking around, but it works for me
Originally Posted by rockchucker
3 shots touching at 100 with federal 140 grain non typical factory ammo. cant post a pic but would text one to someone

Glad to hear that..thanks. Keep us posted on other ammo you may try.
Got mine in nice rifle, mounted a Vortex 2 x 10 30MM with modified Talleys LW .

Checked loaded round length my Ruger FTW LH loads were long so made dummy,s with Hornady 147 and 143 gr seated to max OAL, going to start with box of factory, then RL 26 and 143 and 147 loads reduced and work up.

About 7# 8 ounces with scope and rings. Hope to shoot it Monday.

The Magazine is different than my 22-250 Mag and is Marked M+ bought a xtra 5 round from Whittakers hope it is same (new stylet) . To allow for the long bullets.

Whittakers is making to easy to spend $$ !
The USP website shows mine was delivered to my FFL Friday. Am picking it up tomorrow.
Picked mine up Friday from FFL and mounted a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8x36 scope in Talley lightweights (the machined Talleys purchased from Whittakers). Due to conflicts it will be a few days before I can shoot it.

My plan is to zero the rifle with Hornady American Whitetail 129 gr Interlocks factory loads, if they shoot well enough in the rifle. This will be a rifle for my daughter and law to use this fall and this ammo would be something we can find locally if needed. I will report the results with this ammo once I can get out and shoot.
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Picked mine up Friday from FFL and mounted a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8x36 scope in Talley lightweights (the machined Talleys purchased from Whittakers). Due to conflicts it will be a few days before I can shoot it.

My plan is to zero the rifle with Hornady American Whitetail 129 gr Interlocks factory loads, if they shoot well enough in the rifle. This will be a rifle for my daughter and law to use this fall and this ammo would be something we can find locally if needed. I will report the results with this ammo once I can get out and shoot.

Inquiring minds want to know so keep us updated with your range report.
M+ magazine on the Tikka 6.5 Creemoor allows for longer cartridge overall length. Per Whittakers
well shot the new LH Tikka 6.5 Cr Moor, today all shots at 100 yards

Bullet & weight Group Size

143 GR ELDX Fact load 4 @ 1.85"

140 BTHP Fact load 3 @ .874" 4 @ 1.1"

120 Gr 3 @ .757 4 @ 1.01"

140 Gr M Way Bulk red tip 4 @ 1.14"

140 GR NAB 2 @ 1.2"

123 Horn A Max 3 @ .685 4 @ 2.1

147 Horn ELDM 4 @ 1.157"

143 Horn ELDX 3 @.781"
well shot the new LH Tikka 6.5 Cr Moor, today all shots at 100 yards

Bullet & weight Group Size

143 GR ELDX Fact load 4 @ 1.85"

140 BTHP Fact load 3 @ .874" 4 @ 1.1"

120 Gr 3 @ .757 4 @ 1.01"

140 Gr M Way Bulk red tip 4 @ 1.14"

140 GR NAB 2 @ 1.2"

123 Horn A Max 3 @ .685 4 @ 2.1

147 Horn ELDM 4 @ 1.157"

143 Horn ELDX 3 @.781"

KKAlaska,

Thanks for posting your range results.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Inquiring minds want to know so keep us updated with your range report.

Ok, got to the range yesterday and today and shot the Tikka T3x. The Hornady American Whitetail loads did not fair well, I was not able to get 3 shots within 2" of each other. I thought it may be an issue with the rifle bedding so last night I remove the barreled action from the stock and saw nothing that indicated a problem other than the front action screw seemed a little light on the torque compared to the rear screw. I cleaned the screws and re-installed with locktite to 35 in.lbs.

Return to the range today and the American Whitetail load still grouped poorly. Shot some Hornady Precision 143 gr. ELD-X factory loads and had nice groups of 1 1/8" for 5-shots at 100 yds. Next shot Federal Premium 140 gr Accubond factory loads and again had nice 1 1/4" 5-shot groups. The good thing was the 143 ELD-X and the 140 Accubond shot to the same point of impact. These results got me thinking that the 8 twist barrel just liked the heavy/long bullets but that my not be entirely true, Remington Core-lokts 140 gr ammo group about like the American Whitetail at around 2" + 5-shot groups.

Looks like the rifle just likes the good stuff.

Note, I am 66 years old with bad eyes so others could improve on the above I am sure.

VaHunter, how did you find the trigger pull? Does it need any adjustments? Is the scope you were using a proven, reliable scope? Their could be some other things that are causing your groups to open up more than you want them to.

I have not taken mine to the range but hope to this coming week, provide the wind slows down under 20 mph.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
VaHunter, how did you find the trigger pull? Does it need any adjustments? Is the scope you were using a proven, reliable scope? Their could be some other things that are causing your groups to open up more than you want them to.

I have not taken mine to the range but hope to this coming week, provide the wind slows down under 20 mph.

The trigger needs to be lighten but I am hesitant at this point since this is for my daughter-in-law and she is new to this shooting thing and a light trigger may not be advisable. It would tighting the groups somewhat I am sure. I cannot find my trigger pull gauge or I would check it. The scope is a proven Leupold Vari-X lll that was taken off of a accurate rifle it has been on for 22 years.

Note that these are 5-shot groups (not internet groups) in a 10-12 mph wind that are very close to 1". If you have been shooting long you know some rifles prefer one brand of ammo/bullet over another, even rifles of the same model. I am sure with a few more rounds thru it, and/or hand loading, it will meet the magical 1" 5-shot group. THATS FIVE SHOTS NOT 3.

I recall you were reporting 5 shot groups and that's much tougher than the standard 3 shot groups shot by many. I'll be anxious to get mine out and try it out with some different ammo. Thanks for your report.
I recall you were reporting 5 shot groups and that's much tougher than the standard 3 shot groups shot by many. I'll be anxious to get mine out and try it out with some different ammo. Thanks for your report.

Your post asking about the trigger gave me the incentive to find my Lyman trigger gauge which I did, unfortunately it is giving me very erratic readings, the battery is very old and I am hoping a new one will make it work properly.

My first post may have come off as being negative about the rifle but I am actually very please with what it did with only a few factory loads, especially for a rifle only costing $650.00. Developing some handholds, a little more break-in time, plus the trigger work that you mentioned and I think it would shoot outstandingly. I have spent much more for rifles that did not do as well, three out of five Kimbers as an example.

Let us know how yours does when you get it out.

Ed
The trigger is very easily adjustable. I lightened mine to 2 lbs and it's perfect.
I scoped my Creedmoor this week and took it to the range today to shoot a few cheap rounds of Hornady American Whitetail 129 gr. My goal was to get a feel for the gun then dial it in later with some better ammo. The gun is everything I hoped for. It has next to no recoil, handles well and is a shooter but I will have to lighten up the trigger quite a bit.

After the initial 25 yard sightin I shot at 100 yards and only had a front gun rest since I forgot to bring my my shooting rest. Bottom line - three shot group was .8" and after I adjusted the scope and shot two more rounds the group was .5". And this was with a trigger I didn't like, no rear gun rest and cheap ammo.

I am hunting deer with this gun so if the same ammo shoots well at 200 yards I'll probably pass on the premium ammo.
I ordered a MRC X2 in 6.5CM back in January. Unfortunately, it had quality problems and wouldn't feed or extract properly so I sent it back for repair. In the meantime, I ordered and received one of the Tikka pre-order. I scoped the Tikka with a Zeiss HD5 2-10 x 42 and took it out hunting the other week. It's a very nice shooting gun with a silky smooth action and very reliable feeding. The bolt throw is smooth and short. After lightening the trigger to 2 pounds (very easy to do), the trigger is perfect. Mine has been very accurate with Hornady ammo. My one knock on the gun is that it's top heavy. When I say top heavy, if you hold the gun under the mag well, by your side, it wants to roll over. It's not a major thing, but it's noticeable compared to some other rifles I own. I'd be interested to hear if others notice the same thing with their scoped rifle. The Zeiss HD5 scope is a little on the heavy side, so I'll swap it with a smaller 3-9 x 40 Conquest I have and see if the balance is better.

I got a call from MRC this week that they've completed the repair on my X2 and they should be shipping it shortly. It'll be interesting to compare them side by side.

BTW: I'll be selling whichever gun isn't my favorite after I've played with them a bit.

BTW: I'll be selling whichever gun isn't my favorite after I've played with them a bit.

Keep me posted, I may be interested...
Shot my LH Tikka 6.5 CM today with a 3 X 9 SWFA scope accurate , but velocity is slower than any 22" barrel 6.5 Creed Moor I have loaded for?

Showing pressure so probably at max. Any one else chrono there new 6.5 Cr Moor Tikka,s? And if so please post velocity and load. Alpha brass is heavier than Hornady so a reduced load has higher velocity.

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 143 Horn ELDX 45 Gr 2540 FPS 45.5 2540 46 GR 2649

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 147 Horn ELDM 45 Gr 2516 45.5 GR 2610 46 GR 2662 46.5 Gr 2648 GR

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 45.5 GR 143 Horn ELDX 2613 3 @ .696" 4 @ 1.1"

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 46 GR 143 Horn ELDX 2663 3 @ .617" 4 @ .92" Show pressure 45.8 prob max w Alpha Brass tr

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 45.5 GR 147 Horn ELDM 2629 4 @ .956 3 @ .573" 1 sticky 45.3 prob max with 147 Gr & Alpha

CCI 200 Horn RL 26 46 GR 147 Horn ELDM 2570 4 @ 1.26"

CCI 200 Horn RL 26 46.5 GR 147 Horn ELDM 2585 4 @ .94" Accurate but slow try diff primer maybe mag?

CCI 200 Horn RL 26 47 GR 147 Horn ELDM 4 @ 1.75"
Shot my LH Tikka 6.5 CM today with a 3 X 9 SWFA scope accurate , but velocity is slower than any 22" barrel 6.5 Creed Moor I have loaded for?

Showing pressure so probably at max. Any one else chrono there new 6.5 Cr Moor Tikka,s? And if so please post velocity and load. Alpha brass is heavier than Hornady so a reduced load has higher velocity.

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 143 Horn ELDX 45 Gr 2540 FPS 45.5 2540 46 GR 2649

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 147 Horn ELDM 45 Gr 2516 45.5 GR 2610 46 GR 2662 46.5 Gr 2648 GR

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 45.5 GR 143 Horn ELDX 2613 3 @ .696" 4 @ 1.1"

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 46 GR 143 Horn ELDX 2663 3 @ .617" 4 @ .92" Show pressure 45.8 prob max w Alpha Brass tr

CCI 200 Alpha RL 26 45.5 GR 147 Horn ELDM 2629 4 @ .956 3 @ .573" 1 sticky 45.3 prob max with 147 Gr & Alpha

CCI 200 Horn RL 26 46 GR 147 Horn ELDM 2570 4 @ 1.26"

CCI 200 Horn RL 26 46.5 GR 147 Horn ELDM 2585 4 @ .94" Accurate but slow try diff primer maybe mag?

CCI 200 Horn RL 26 47 GR 147 Horn ELDM 4 @ 1.75"

Your loads are right in line with quickload velocities. What is the water capacity of your cases? If it's 50gr of water then your load of 46grs is only operating at 45k pressure. To get anywhere close to 60k you need to get to 49.7grs ol rl 26.
Ok measured water capacity Horn FF case WC 52.8 GR Alpha FF Case WC 50.3 can you do a quick load based on that.

On 3 other 22" 6.5 Creedmoors can see above 2700 FPS with 143 GR Horn and Horn Brass similar velocity's in same rifles with Alpha brass
about 1 gr less. With RL 26 no obvious pressure signs.

In the New 22" Tikka seeing pressure, sticky bolt, or ejector marks, above 2630 FPS.
Could barrel break in result in higher velocities? I've seen that happen with other rifles.
Ok measured water capacity Horn FF case WC 52.8 GR Alpha FF Case WC 50.3 can you do a quick load based on that.

On 3 other 22" 6.5 Creedmoors can see above 2700 FPS with 143 GR Horn and Horn Brass similar velocity's in same rifles with Alpha brass

In the New 22" Tikka seeing pressure, sticky bolt, or ejector marks, above 2630 FPS.

Yep just need the water capacity.
49.7 is 59.6k psi
50.2 is 62.1k psi

With that brass and 143eld-x 46.5grs of rl26 is at 61k psi projected velocity out of 24 inch barrel 2895.
Factory 143 Hornady ELDX loads chrono at 2600 FPS so thinking I have a slow barrel.

Any one else chrono there Factory Hornady 143 Gr load in there 22" Tikka 6.5 Cr Moor if so post speed, or speed with comparable loads.
My other 22" 6.5 CM are quite a bit faster similar loads.

Tikka T3 X LH 6.5 Creed moor 22"

Speeds with other loads Hornady Brass

Fact Horn 6.5 Creed Moor Precision Hunter 143 ELDX 2600 FPS

42 Gr H 4350 143 Horn ELDX 2618 FPS Rem 9 1/2

42 GR RL 17 143 Horn ELDX 2677 FPS show pressure Max reduce Rem 9 1/2

41.8 Gr RL 16 143 Horn ELDX 2667 FPS show pressure Max reduce Rem 9 1/2

46.5 GR RL 26 143 Horn ELDX 2642 FPS Max show slight pressure signs CCI 200

42.5 GR RL 17 Barnes 127 GR LRX 2855 FPS Fed 215 Same speed as my other 22" Cr Moors?
My buddy using max load of super performance with 143 was getting over 2800 FPS out of his kimber hunter. Was getting excellent groups as well. So might want to try it out.
kk, I'm wondering if your barrel will speed up after 100-200 rounds. It would not surprise me if it does.

I'll chrono mine next week.
Shot it today with Horn Case, CCI 200 , 46.5 GR RL 26, 3 @ .136" pulled the 4th to 1.01" 2620 FPS seating them shorter to match factory
OAL did the trick! 2.827" OAL if groups stay similar who cares if its a little slow!

The Alpha case does not do well with RL 26 in the Tikka and 143 ELDX based on limited tests. 2754 FPS with 140 Gr Nosler AB
and 43 GR of RL 17 Horn cases, no excess pressure signs.
I just bought a lefty Tikka T3X in a 6.5 creedmore. I'm not sure which scope I want for it. What does everyone else have on their 6.5?
Not sure what you're going to use it for but if you're going to hunt with it, you may want to stay within a 10-12X upper power range. I have a Swarovski 3-10x42 on mine.
Originally Posted by Sika_
I just bought a lefty Tikka T3X in a 6.5 creedmore. I'm not sure which scope I want for it. What does everyone else have on their 6.5?

Glad to know you found a Tikka 6.5 Creed to replace the Ruger RAR 65 Creed you sold.

[email protected]

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Update:

The rifle finally arrived yesterday. Thanks a bunch to Darrik & Co, so great to deal with. As for IRunGuns- using them was a failed experiment. The rifle was initially suppose to be here late May, but arrived a few days before Sept sheep season opens here. Needless to say, I will avoid doing business with them ever again.

I cleaned the bore, torqued action screws, mounted/torqued/Loctited EGW 20MOA rail and mounted/torqued a LRHS 3-12x44 in Burris XTR Sigs w/ approx 40MOA of inclination between the rail and rings. Loaded up a bunch of 147ELDs with H4350 in half grain increments.

Range trip today with a friend and fellow 24HCF member. Shot 3 shot groups of multiple charge weights up to 0.5 grains above book max. All were at least under 1" @ 100 meters. Highest charge going into 0.6 MOA with single digit ES & SD. Plugged the data into BallisticAE and checked come-ups on steel, at 100 meter increments, out to 500 meters, all bang on for elevation.

Very, very pleased with the rifle thus far. Will load up a bunch of the top load and work on a larger sample size for better data. But first... I'm going to try kill a ram with it next week! laugh
Lugged her up a hill or two. Found bighorns on a few different days, but never any big enough that it was legal to put a bullet into. wink

Still loving this rig.

[Linked Image]

Nice looking 6.5 Wrongside!! I put Talley one piece base and rings and the Leupold VX6 2-12x42 with the Boone and Crocket reticle on my Tikka T3X 6.5....Haven't shot it yet but can't wait to take it to the range.
Lugged her up a hill or two. Found bighorns on a few different days, but never any big enough that it was legal to put a bullet into. wink

Still loving this rig.

[Linked Image]

Nice write up on the gun and spectacular scenery mate, well done.

Nice looking 6.5 Wrongside!! I put Talley one piece base and rings and the Leupold VX6 2-12x42 with the Boone and Crocket reticle on my Tikka T3X 6.5....Haven't shot it yet but can't wait to take it to the range.

Thanks, Sika! Please let us know how your setup does when you do get a chance to get to the range. I'm betting it'll be pretty good!

Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Still loving this rig.

[Linked Image]

Nice write up on the gun and spectacular scenery mate, well done.

Thanks, Castle_Rock. Glad you enjoyed, hope it was helpful. It's been a very easy rifle to work with so far.
Second range trip yesterday. And last time I'll spam this thread with this rifle. 😋
53 rounds total thru the gun thus far, and accuracy keeps improving with each shot. Still not quite there with my LH RAR-P 6.5CM, but it's getting very close. I was planning on upgrading the rail, but am afraid to take it apart now. LOL.

Last three groups of the day. This range is only 100 yards, versus the 100 meters I did initial load development at. (For reference- the grid on my targets is 0.1 Milliradian, so 1CM) Only 3 shot groups- that's all I do with my lighter hunting rifles. If they are repeatable over time and multiple attempts, I'm satisfied for hunting.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
good shooting, Wrongside. You're ahead of me in round count.
good shooting, Wrongside. You're ahead of me in round count.

Thank you Sir. I shot it again yesterday and had similar results, 0.625. At this point I'm quite certain that the rifle is much more accurate and consistent than I am. 😉

My round count will slow for the next few months. There's hunting to do! Best of luck to you and yours this fall.
© 24hourcampfire