Home
Two new models just introduced for the lefties of the world.

https://christensenarms.com/introdu...;mc_cid=98ef3ee355&mc_eid=416e9316a6
I really like their Carbon wrapped barrel models. Ive messed with the RH versions and they seem to bee pretty nice. Not as light as i thought they would be though. At least they're trying to cater to the LH market. Might buy one in a couple years.
If these rifles will shoot well, it has the makings of being a terrific light weight hunting package.
Cool they're doing the lefty thing, but they've never impressed me for the price tag.
Who's going first?
The mesa would be interesting............
I would, but I'm on rifle probation from the boss.
Ditto!
Well about dang time we had another option for a lefty.

If Winchester would just get off their can and make a Model 70 Extreme Weather Rifle in a lefty version.
Still trying to figure out why manufacturers are offering 24 in barrels on the 6.5 Creed when its fully capable of doing what it needs to do at 20.

Or less
Called them today.

Rifles are 30-60 days from shipping to dealers.

The guy i talked to said this will be a test run to feel out the market.

If it goes well, more SA calibers and maybe even LA in the future.

I’m liking the burnt bronze / green stock 6.5cm
That's good news Dave. thanks.
Seems like another interesting option for Southpaws. However, would really prefer to handle one first to check ergos before committing. Anyone know of an LGS in the Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati area that has the RH models in stock that you can hold/handle ?

Wish it would have been twenty years ago, but then my dad always said, “if wishes were horses all beggars would ride.”
I've resorted to begging and pleading with my wife to get out of gun time-out in order to get 6.5 CM in the Mesa. These are really well made. Fit and finish is top notch on the ones I've handled.
Are the short actions any shorter than a Remington short action?
I broke down and ordered one through my local dealer. 6.5 CM with the green stock and burnt bronze cerakote. Price was well below MSRP too which was nice.
Congrats! I hope you'll wring it out and give us a report.
Originally Posted by ammoman16
I broke down and ordered one through my local dealer. 6.5 CM with the green stock and burnt bronze cerakote. Price was well below MSRP too which was nice.

Pre-order?

I keep looking at the Davidson’s page each day to see when they’ll show stock.

In the sticks where i am, galleryofguns.com is the easiest way to shop.
There's a pretty high volume dealer near me that deals with a lot of Christensens. They said they could pre-order and seemed to know what they were talking about so I'm hoping they come through.
There's a pretty high volume dealer near me that deals with a lot of Christensens. They said they could pre-order and seemed to know what they were talking about so I'm hoping they come through.

Cool beans.

Can’t wait to hear your reports on it.
Called a semi local Christensen dealer.

They called Christensen. The burnt bronze / green stock Mesa won’t ship til mid October is what they told me.

Ordered one and out my name on it. Now to wait.
That's a downer. Hopefully they're being conservative with their estimate.

Ammo, could you share what you paid? Curious how your price related to retail.

Thanks...

Hopefully they are.. i can unsterstand adding a little extra time to ship dates rather than have folks with pitchforks in the streets.
It was about $1250 but it was subject to change depending on dealer cost which they didn't have available. My guess is it will end up being around $1400-1450 based on what they sell the RH ones for.
Thank you!
The dealer i pre- ordered mine from, said Christensen told him $250+ just for lefty.

I told him regardless, i want it. I’m Fraid itll be a once a year batch run. When those are gone it’ll be next year.
I called them today and ordered the LH black 6.5 CM with tungsten finish. Now the wait begins
Anybody have any idea what the comb height is on them.
If you can't find a RH at a local dealer, call Christiansen and inquire.
I'm thinking green/bronze in a 7mm-08,,,,but have zero experience with Christiansen.

Do they have a good reputation for built quality and accuracy please ?
I have no personal experience with Christensen Arms products but believe they are of high quality and accuracy. I sure hope so as I'm going to get a LH Ridgeline.
No experience myself other than fondling a Rh.

Bolt knob was smaller than i expected. Action smooth. Stock was nice. But I’m not too picky for a factory rifle in LH.

Hope they are a great gun. I’m down for one. And there’s almost no resale for a crappy LH rifle.
I did see the bolt throw is kind of high, may cause a problem with low mounts or large scope...still researching.

Our choices are very limited in smaller calibers, and a high quality rig build...I see Browning makes the Medallion x-bolt but not in 7mm-08,,,Sako has options but the price is going up fast smile
Hi. Yep, sucks to be sinistral.

I might have a gently used Browning A-Bolt Micro in 7mm-08 chambering available, if anyone is interested. DJB
Let me hear from you on your A-Bolt Dave.
I Stole a gently used A-Bolt LH in 25-06, passed it on to a friend with a left handed son. Turns out he is severely right eye dominant and shoots the dang thing right handed..... WTF:) My Sako 85 is greatly over priced but shore' easy on the eyes and she does shoot where I point her. Hard to complain to much about a rifle that will do that for you consistently.
I have a LH Ruger Hawkeye that as bad a bench shot I am still puts 5 under an inch but the Christensen LH peeks my interest as it is a good half lb. lighter than my 7-08 Hawkeye. Only problem is my wife thinks I'm nuts at my age (81) in getting another rifle especially at their price. I told her I would start a Go Fund Me account to get the money to buy it. She is OK with that. Any of you guy interested in donating to a good cause?
I think I'm going to order the Mesa, any suggestions for a dealer with decent pricing please ?
Just got an email from them and as it is a new product most dealers can expect to see them in one to two months. They look to be a bit more pricy than the suggested retail of 1295. Probably closer to fifteen hundred plus here in CA registering fees will add another hundred or more depending on the dealer. Anybody know what scope mounts these take?
Originally Posted by coyote268
Just got an email from them and as it is a new product most dealers can expect to see them in one to two months. They look to be a bit more pricy than the suggested retail of 1295. Probably closer to fifteen hundred plus here in CA registering fees will add another hundred or more depending on the dealer. Anybody know what scope mounts these take?

SA Remington from what i understand.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I think I'm going to order the Mesa, any suggestions for a dealer with decent pricing please ?

Once Davidson’s gets some, that’ll be the cheapest. Had good luck buying from them. Easy easy and search for best local price.

Dealer i ordered from couldn’t give an exact price. But said Christensen told him +$250 for the lefty over right version
As much as I dislike paying more for LH models, that's a pretty small price to pay to get a great looking LH rifle.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Once Davidson’s gets some, that’ll be the cheapest. Had good luck buying from them. Easy easy and search for best local price.

Dealer i ordered from couldn’t give an exact price. But said Christensen told him +$250 for the lefty over right version

I'm not concerned with cost, but I thought we had to pre-order Lefty's....wasn't aware they intended to stock them at dealers ?
Not sure if dealers will stock to be honest.

I went ahead and ordered one because I figure the LH’s will be a once year run. When it’s sold out, wait til next year.

I may be totally wrong. But want to err on side of caution.
Dave,
That's the route I've chosen also, I don't want to miss out,,,,I'll call CA tomorrow for ordering info.

Thank you.
What caliber will your order Bwana?
OSU,
I'm going with the 7mm-08 Rem in Green/Burnt Bronze, it's a caliber I've wanted to add for a while that few mfg's make for leftys....especially in a 22x1:8 barrel.

Pics for those that haven't seen them

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

one of my favorite calibers and I love that stock.
I've alway's wanted a nice 7mm-08, I have a MRC 260 but "need" one of these before they change their mind smile
Was at a local shop today and they had some RH Ridgelines. Was able to handle them. They are nice rifles. With the Pic rail, the 308 weighed 6 lbs 6 oz, according to the guy who weighed it. The bolt handle is a bit small and the safety doesn't lock the bolt. But the fit and finish looked good. Bolt was pretty smooth when opening. The floor plate was tight. Dealer said they could get the LH versions for 100 more than the RH due to some deal they had.

That said, I usually deal with another shop who gets me a better deal, so I ordered a Mesa in 6.5 CM from them. Looks like it's time to thin the herd to put this one in...
Hi, what is the name of the shop and will they ship? Looking for a Mesa 7-08
I've alway's wanted a nice 7mm-08, I have a MRC 260 but "need" one of these before they change their mind smile

About the rifles in the photos: Can you order that stock/metal color like that or is that something that would be done after you receive it?
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

About the rifles in the photos: Can you order that stock/metal color like that or is that something that would be done after you receive it?

That's the stock configuration, to the best of my knowledge.

Barrel

UNIQUE FEATURES

Christensen Arms 416R Stainless Steel
Barrel with a Featherweight Contour
Stainless Steel Seamless Radial Brake (Removable)
Threaded Muzzle ½ × 28
Tungsten or Burnt Bronze Cerakote Finish

STOCK FINISH
Black with Gray Webbing
Green with Black & Tan Webbing

STANDARD CHAMBERINGS

.450 Bushmaster*†20 In. 1:16 LH
6.5 Creedmoor22 In. 1:8
7mm-08 Rem22 In. 1:9
7mm Rem Mag24 In. 1:9
.308 Win22 In. 1:10
.28 Nosler∆26 In. 1:9
.300 Win Mag24 In. 1:10
Thanks!
Coyote-PM sent with info on shop and a contact.
Originally Posted by ghostrider272
Coyote-PM sent with info on shop and a contact.

How bout me ??? smile
Neither are available in the long action calibers correct? At least in the Lefty version
Short action only. Rumor has it long action may become available down the road if sales justify it.
I want the Ridgeline in 7-08 or 6.5CM with the green w/black & tan webbing.
Kicking around the idea of a LH Mesa 450 Bushmaster. Was wanting a stainless LH bolt action 450, and came to a dead end trying to get Ruger or their exclusive 450 dealer here in Michigan to get the ball rolling.
Other option would be a LH Tikka short action and make it a donor for rebarrel. That probably would still be less than the Mesa though. Especially if I can find a used one a bit cheaper.
Just talked to the sales department. For now, they are only offering 3 chamberings in LH. So, the 450 is a no go at this point.
By the way, the 3 LH guns are listed on GalleryofGuns currently, but obviously still out of stock. So, that will be an easy purchasing option for those looking for one when they get to distribution.
But they are all 6.5 CM and I want a 7-08
But they are all 6.5 CM and I want a 7-08

I've been trying to order a 7-08 through a dealer, he's getting no answer from CA...been a week.
This is on their blog:

With our Mesa (LEFT-HAND MSRP: $1,545) left-handed shooters can expect a premium yet accessible steel-barreled hunting rifle. The Mesa has a featherlight contour, stainless steel barrel with a removable seamless radial brake, and a carbon fiber composite stock. The left-handed model is currently offered in three short-action chamberings: 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 Winchester, and 7mm-08 Remington. Weighing in at only 6.5 pounds, the Mesa is the perfect rifle to carry deep into the backcountry.

CA just quoted my dealer a 5-6 month wait for the build delivery.
I just called them and they said they hoped to start getting them to dealers next month. Apparently a lot of interest in them
I just called them and they said they hoped to start getting them to dealers next month. Apparently a lot of interest in them

Not according to my dealer, that is the same dealer you were recommended....

Lefty Mesa & Ridgeline
"Both have a lead time of 5-6 months."
Hope this doesn't turn into another Barrett story. But with as much exposure as they are giving the launch, it looks hopeful

Just for the record,I have a Mesa Right Hand in 6.5 Creedmoor. It shoots itty bitty groups,functions perfectly,and has a great trigger right out of the box.

The only thing missing is a bolt lock feature,but that's personal preference anyway.
I just emailed the dealer back, hoping for some clarification in delivery dates....will update later
Anybody heard if they have shipped to dealers yet? I email Christensen but haven't heard back from them.
Anybody heard if they have shipped to dealers yet? I email Christensen but haven't heard back from them.

My dealer said they told him 5-6 months, so maybe someone has a dealer that's got a shipment of Lefties coming in ?
Handled a couple RH Ridgeline's at Whitaker's yesterday. Ergos were pretty good. Not crazy about the CF barrel, but, overall good "feel". Looking forward to handling the LH Mesa's when they hit the stores.

FWIW, also had a chance to handle a couple RH Fieldcrafts while I was at Whitaker's. Not for me. I'll wait for the LH Mesa's. Getting pretty cantankerous in my old age. There is a particular stock fit / feel / ergonomics that I prefer. And if a rifle doesn't have it, not interested.
I just got off the phone with my dealer who had just got off the phone with Christensen. They told him shipment would be in about 2 weeks.
That's odd, I called them yesterday and was told the first batch were in the process of being shipped.
That's odd, I called them yesterday and was told the first batch were in the process of being shipped.

That means 2 weeks lol
Europtic had 2 of the burnt bronze / green stock 6.5cm in stock.

Only one now. $1490 shipped.

That means 2 weeks lol

It sounded like they were getting stuff ready for shipping but they wouldn't be going out right away. My dealer also told me he was told that they just got done retooling to double their barrel production capability.
Mine is in stock at dealer now, shipping to me on Monday...Black/Gray 7mm-08 smile
Saw the RH 450 Bushmaster versions of each model at a local dealer today. Great looking guns. But, not offering that chambering in LH, so maybe in the future
Mine is in stock at dealer now, shipping to me on Monday...Black/Gray 7mm-08 smile

Tracking shows Thursday for my bronze / green creedmoor.

Tracking shows Thursday for my bronze / green creedmoor.

Nice !, can't wait to try it out. Will be running factory ammo for sight in, then get a load together for handloads.
I hope you’ll post photos
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I hope you’ll post photos

Absolutely, should be a Wed/Thur delivery here also. I really debated which model to get, and in the end chose the black/gray...but I need a 308 too, so a green/bronze may be in my future smile
Looks like mine will be here tomorrow morning smile

Lucky dog.

Still saying Thursday for mine. Eurooptic must use horse and wagons.

Lucky dog.

Still saying Thursday for mine. Eurooptic must use horse and wagons.

Yours will probably arrive before mine, with my luck it will fall off the truck smile....they use UPS Ground

I've got my scope, cartridges, and rifle almost here...still haven't picked my rings, Hawkins hybrids or Leupy's new Backcountrys are in the mix.
Wishing these were made in 28 nosler. Nice looking rifles.
Originally Posted by ejo
Wishing these were made in 28 nosler. Nice looking rifles.

They're planning on adding more calibers, depending on popularity of course.

These are listed

450 Bushmaster*†20 In. 1:16 LH
6.5 Creedmoor22 In. 1:8
7mm-08 Rem22 In. 1:9
7mm Rem Mag24 In. 1:9
.308 Win22 In. 1:10
.28 Nosler∆26 In. 1:9
.300 Win Mag24 In. 1:10
The only ones they're currently offering left handed are the 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08 Rem and .308 Win.
The only ones they're currently offering left handed are the 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08 Rem and .308 Win.

Agreed, and they said will offer more if the Lefty's are popular...so buy smile
I'm trying, already paid for a 7-08 at Euro optics but not in yet. They have the 6.5. Even emailed Christensen to send them the 7-08 as I'm 81 and want it before I go to HAPPY HUNTING GROUNDS
I'm trying, already paid for a 7-08 at Euro optics but not in yet. They have the 6.5. Even emailed Christensen to send them the 7-08 as I'm 81 and want it before I go to HAPPY HUNTING GROUNDS

I received notice that a 7-08 arrived yesterday, and it's not mine smile...call Euro and snag it, I dealt with Jason.

Christensen Arms Mesa 7mm-08 Rem 22" Black w/ Gray Webbing LH Rifle 801-01020-00 Now Available!
Thanks for the heads up but I want the Green Bronze
My rifle arrived, it's the wrong caliber...6.5 Creed smile....heading back to Euro

I knew something would happen lol
My rifle arrived, it's the wrong caliber...6.5 Creed smile....heading back to Euro

I couldn’t help but laugh at that, watch me get your 7mm-08 Thursday.

I couldn’t help but laugh at that, watch me get your 7mm-08 Thursday.

lol,,,,bet on it smile
Kinda backwards. How will they offer more calibers based on sales if some of the calibers wanted are not offered? They have the barrels, they have the LH actions. Combine them. Lol.
In my case, if they would have made a LH 450 right off, I would have bought one. But, instead, Ruger got the business. And, now if they come out with one, I won't be buying it.
Many calibers are more popular than the 450, I wouldn't expect it to be first on the line. Few manufacturers are making Lefty's, I'm happy to see a quality gun like CA being made for us.
I'd be shocked to see the 450 offered before a number of other cartridges. I doubt that is a particularly good seller even in a RH configuration. I'm just glad someone is starting to sell a rifle made with quality materials and components. Most of these manufacturers can't figure out why they can't sell left handed guns chambered in .30-06 with chrome moly actions/barrels and either wood or Tupperware stocks. Maybe it's because that's nearly all that's been offered to us for the last 40 years. Savage and Tikka have done a pretty good job with their offerings, but they are not in the same league in terms of quality. IME Montana Rifle Company and Christensen have really upped the game for left handed shooters.
I'd be shocked to see the 450 offered before a number of other cartridges. I doubt that is a particularly good seller even in a RH configuration. I'm just glad someone is starting to sell a rifle made with quality materials and components. Most of these manufacturers can't figure out why they can't sell left handed guns chambered in .30-06 with chrome moly actions/barrels and either wood or Tupperware stocks. Maybe it's because that's nearly all that's been offered to us for the last 40 years. Savage and Tikka have done a pretty good job with their offerings, but they are not in the same league in terms of quality. IME Montana Rifle Company and Christensen have really upped the game for left handed shooters.

Exactly
Yes, true. But markets such as Michigan where 20,000 guns of that caliber sold in the last year might make them consider it.
Well none of that changed Barrett's mind, they screwed us Lefty's over.
Unfortunately I'm not going to hold my breath for them or Kimber but I'll be the first in line if either changes their minds.
Euro optic called me yesterday and said my 7-08 was shipped to my FFL dealer. Now to decide which scope to put on it but probably a Leu 3i 3.5-10X40.
Euro optic called me yesterday and said my 7-08 was shipped to my FFL dealer. Now to decide which scope to put on it but probably a Leu 3i 3.5-10X40.

God I hope that's not my gun smile...is it Black/Gray ?
No, mine is the Green/bronze. Thought they had yours in.
No, mine is the Green/bronze. Thought they had yours in.

I received it on Tuesday, it was the wrong caliber(6.5 Creed)...sent back for replacement,,,looks like mine is about to ship now.
Tracking shows mine delivered to FFL.

Watch today be a day i run late at work. 😖
Tracking shows mine delivered to FFL.

Watch today be a day i run late at work. 😖

Glad to hear it, I just received tracking for my replacement...no update yet.
It’s there. Didn’t make it in time.

I’ll pick it up tomorrow for sure.
Mine will be here tomorrow according to tracking, round 2 lol
Im liking the rifle. Especially the stock. I’d call it a “slim” stock. Or maybe it seems that from shooting my HS Precision with double palm swell.

Now to scope it and go shoot it.
Just signed the paperwork for mine and got to hold it. Now for the ten day waiting period. Really liked the stock design and overall balance of it. My only concern is will the bolt handle easily clear a low mounted scope without a hassle. Can't wait to break it in.
What calibers are you guys ordering? I'm looking real hard at a 8" twist 243. Comments?
I went with the 7-08 as I think it will take care of anything I hunt. I have a LH Ruger in 7-08 that is deadly but I just wanted another rifle. This one is somewhat lighter and for a guy my age that is a real consideration. Besides that, I just like good rifles.
I'm a big fan of the 7-08.
I with the 6.5cm.

It’ll make 5 lefty rifles in creedmoor now. Think i got it covered.
I also went with the Mesa 7-08, waiting on damn scope mounts at the moment...rifle, scope, cartridges, all set to go. Going to shoot in my new 260 Rem tomorrow if the rain doesn't ruin my day.
I with the 6.5cm.

It’ll make 5 lefty rifles in creedmoor now. Think i got it covered.

I only have 4, one of which is a single shot.
Im liking the rifle. Especially the stock. I’d call it a “slim” stock. Or maybe it seems that from shooting my HS Precision with double palm swell.

Now to scope it and go shoot it.

Got to fondle a RH ridgeline this past weekend. The stock reminded me somewhat of the X-bolt stock or the grayboe outlander- relatlively slim dimensions which I'm sure helps keep the weight down. I'd be interested if they expanded the cartridge offerings in LH!
Have any of you guys that have gotten your rifles had a chance to shoot them yet? I get mine next Monday and if its not raining going to start breaking in the barrel Tuesday God willing and the creeks don't rise
I haven’t. Plan to this Saturday.
I shamefully have to admit I haven't shot mine yet either, still waiting for scope mounts to come in stock...I have a new set of Talleys but refuse to mount them, because they look purple in color to me...hate to be picky, but come on give me BLACK !
Here's your Black... Actually a pretty fair match for Talley's factory finish...

[Linked Image]
What scope is everyone putting on theirs? Mine is supposed to show up next week and I think I'm going to put a Swaro Z3 3-10X42 with the BRH reticle that I've got laying around.
I'm putting a VX6HD 2-12x44 Firedot on mine, and definitely not spray painting my brand new mounts Black because Talley's anodize is purple lol...a nice gun and scope combo deserve nice mounts.
I got my Ridgeline the other day. I really like it. I have a Meopta 6x18x50 on it for now . I am selling several LH rifles in the classified section to help pay for a Vortex Razor. You guys spread the word for me.

1. Tikka T3 - 6.5x55 SE with Leupold M8 6x42 - $600 / $900
2. Ruger Hawkeye - .308 win with Leupold Vari X - III 3.5x10x40 - $500 / $900
3. Browning X-Bolt - 6.5 CM with Leupold X-2 4x12x50 - $600 / $900
4. Tikka M595 - 7mm-08 with Steiner 6x42 - $500 / $750
[Linked Image]

Shot it today.

I really like it. Topped it with a trijicon i already had. This will be a good plot gun. No dialing needed in these parts.
Handles well. Trigger is great.
No kick with brake + sims pad.

I think CA has sold themselves a ridgeline in 2019. Time to start saving.
Looks great Dave, how did it group for you ?
Lemme tell you first. I can’t shoot good. Plus the shooting table at the camp is rotten. So not so steady.
After all the excuses....

Groups were 1” or less with hornady whitetail.

I’m happy with it.

Definitely minute of deer.
Lemme tell you first. I can’t shoot good. Plus the shooting table at the camp is rotten. So not so steady.
After all the excuses....

Groups were 1” or less with hornady whitetail.

I’m happy with it.

Definitely minute of deer.

Wow ! that's great news,,,with a quality load formulated, it should shoot great. I'll let you know after I get mine worked up, what weight bullets did you choose ?
I’ll check it again with Barnes 127gr LRX.
Pure dynamite on deer And pigs.
Thanks for the info Dave,
I picked up 3 boxes 130 gr. Accubonds to try out, see how they'll fly till I work up a load.
Picked my 7-08 up Monday and mounted a Leo 3i with DNZ rings. Went to the range today to go through the break in procedure. Was very impressed with the trigger and very little recoil. Right from the start it was grouping very well, all moa. Finally sighted it in with Federal elite with 140 grain Barnes. All three shots were touching and I'm a very bad bench rest shooter. Think Its a keeper and now to find a pig to try it out on,
© 24hourcampfire