Home
Posted By: luv2safari Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
I'm suddenly out of anything 7X57R, have a decent amount of ammo, and have brass coming. I need something that goes around my ammo and makes it BANG!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
I hear they make some nice kipplaufs in Yurrup.

Give ‘em a call……….
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
They hang up on Murricans.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
Get a 300 buck 1902 Remington Rolling Block with decent spiral wrinkles, take it to a hobby machinist, have him cut the rim counterbore, have him grind a new extractor, out the door in less than 3 hours...presto-chang-o. Shoot up your ammo supply (they got wildebeeste in Churchill County?) sell the gun for 600.
Posted By: Blackfly1 Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
If you remove two letters, an 'i' and an 'n' from your post, I would probably part with my little Luxe drilling. It's got a 7mm R barrel, but you'd be stuck with a 5.6x 50R insert and a 16 barrel. I haven't been able to hunt it for a couple years. It would be fully capable of burning that ammo pile for you. Just a humble suggestion. Anything to help a friend.
Bfly
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm suddenly out of anything 7X57R, have a decent amount of ammo, and have brass coming. I need something that goes around my ammo and makes it BANG!

A store near where you live had one a while back:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I almost bought it. It looked just like this, for $349^^^
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/971415085
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
Find a nice Brno ZH series combo. Seems to be more of them in Canada than in the US though.

Nick
Posted By: MikeS Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

A store near where you live had one a while back:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I almost bought it. It looked just like this, for $349^^^

That is not chambered in 7x57R.
Posted By: MikeS Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/01/23
I'd second the Kipplauf idea, but don't think they fit the inexpensive criteria. Were the TCR single shots offered in 7x57R by chance?
Posted By: Rossimp Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/02/23
Merkel 7x57R

BRNO 7x57R

Not sure what your budget is, but both are reasonable given the rarity of the chamber.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/03/23
Years ago I had a Baikal BBF 12/7X57R that shot amazingly well, so I sold it. crazy

I let my gunsmith screw me out of my recently purchased Kerighoff Trumpf Primus 16/16/7X57R drilling. He had it on his workbench, petting it with a big smile on his face as I left. It needed a little work, and I didn't want to spend any money on it right now. I was tapped out after getting the BSW two-barrel cape gun -SXS shotgun set.

The Fortuna 16 & 7X57R drilling I just received is a basket case and is going back for a refund. Thankfully, the seller is a real gentleman and is issuing a full refund.

I'd like to find another Baikal. (did I say that? shocked )
I wish this Canadian outfit had a USA outlet!

https://intersurplus.com/collections/combination-guns
I found one and bid it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/972913997
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/04/23
The Baikals are underrated IMHO. They are plain, sure, but solidly built. I have a double rifle version myself, and it has proved to be a very practical hunting rifle. The hard-chromed bores are a plus too. Sure, it is not as fancy as my Krieghoff, but it certainly gets the job done.
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/06/23
luv2safari, did you win the auction, I see that it has been sold.

Nick
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/07/23
Originally Posted by Nick1899
luv2safari, did you win the auction, I see that it has been sold.

Nick

No. It got sold for $1.00 over my high bid. It was going too high for a Baikal, even with the four boxes of Geco 160gr ammo. I bet it would have topped $750.00, had I kept bidding. At the selling price it would have cost me close to $840.00 with tax, shipping, and FFL fee.

Bidders don't consider that all too often. shocked
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/07/23
Sorry to hear. I haven’t had much luck lately with auctions either. Once the fees, taxes and shipping is factored in one should know when to quit bidding. Good luck on your quest for a 7x57R.

By the way, I was at a gun show in Renfrew, Ontario on the weekend and met the owners of Intersurplus. They had plenty of European guns for sale.

Nick
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/07/23
I checked into getting guns from them. It costs $295.00 to have the importer bring it in and takes 2-4 months, then I still have to pay NV sales tax and NICS check, maybe shipping, also.
Posted By: vmax204 Re: Need Inexpensive 7X57R - 03/07/23
Just send it all to me. I'll put it to good use.
© 24hourcampfire