Home
Posted By: RIO7 Schitte, scared me. - 09/06/16
Walked out of the house, went garage got in my jeep, started it up and a illegal jumped up between my jeep and my pickup.I damn near shot him, he was sleeping between the jeep and my truck,he wanted to pay me to take him to Dallas, I have had illegals every where on this ranch but that was a first for me. Rio7
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/06/16
Originally Posted by RIO7
Walked out of the house, went garage got in my jeep, started it up and a illegal jumped up between my jeep and my pickup.I damn near shot him, he was sleeping between the jeep and my truck,he wanted to pay me to take him to Dallas, I have had illegals every where on this ranch but that was a first for me. Rio7

Should have given him a ride....it would have been an act of love according to Jeb Bush.....
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/06/16
That would have upset me, also. I'm surprised Smoke didn't find him. Be careful!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/06/16
Damn! Be careful Blue!!!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Illegal was sleeping by the right front tire and I didn't see him till he stood up, he had made camp in my garage had his cell phone plugged in, and had a picnic in front of the jeep, this crap is getting old, can't wait to get someone who try's to enforce our border control. Rio7
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Hmmm? Sounds like he was a bit more "well to do" compared To the usual suspects.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Probably looking for His sack of goodies that Randy stole. grin Also means that you have a mashed down place in your new fence somewhere. miles
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Yeah, that's a little out there.

I had a ranch in Uvalde, and would come stay overnight in the ranch house quite often. Bring fresh groceries, stay a few days... that sort of thing.

No central A/C in the old house, but had a window unit in my bedroom. You needed a/c to sleep, so I turned it on. I sleep with my .45 1911 close at hand. In this case, on the nightstand.

Woke up the next morning, and went in the kitchen to make coffee and noticed most of my groceries were gone, and all of my Dr. Peppers were missing.

Called the sheriff's dept. and the Border Patrol. Before they got there, I had trailed the wetbacks following tracks in the sand, and very obvious trail of Dr. Pepper cans. Was holding them when border patrol arrived.

I still hate to think what would have happened to them had I woken up to pee, or they had opened my bedroom door.

Those window unit a/c's are nice, but damn, you can't hear boogers like you need to. wink
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Barry! The pup would have come in handy!!! My dogs raise holy hell when something bumps the place!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Barry! The pup would have come in handy!!! My dogs raise holy hell when something bumps the place!

Yeah, Bandit does too! grin

His hearing makes up for my lack of it!
Smoke, does not bark unless someone opens a door to come in the house, she does not give a damn what's going on outside. and she is very people friendly, she has to be to deal with all the people that we take hunting. It would be nice if she was a little better watch dog. I keep a shooter close at hand all the time. Rio7
Posted By: g5m Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Amazing how little concern the non-border parts of the country have for this sort of thing.
Originally Posted by g5m
Amazing how little concern the non-border parts of the country have for this sort of thing.

They just don't have a grasp of the situation.

They think they do, but they don't. Not even remotely.
Posted By: Allen917 Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Some years back when I was a oil lease pumper, I got a call about 2 am from the answering service telling me I had some engines down on a location between Andrews and Odessa. I loaded up grabbing my Smith 357 on the way out the door. Very cold February morning. When I got to the location, I determined the magneto had failed so started changing using the headlights for light. As I was timing the magneto, I started getting the Heebee Geebees. I eased back to the truck and got my pistol and stuck it in my waist band under my coat, and went back to work. When the cab light came on, I turned around to find a wetback getting in on the passenger side and two more hiding behind the tailgate. I showed them my pistol and they didn't offer any arguement. They had no coats and were very cold. I walked them over to my heated office/storage building, turned the heat on for them. I then radioed the answering service and had them send some deputies. The deputies showed up in less than 10 minutes, cause they were in the area hunting these guys. The wets had been in a knife fight and stole a car in Odessa. They had wrecked the car not far from my location. Orginally there had been four of them, but one was injured in the wreck and died of exposure before they found him.

I've often wondered what would have happened if I hadn't grabbed my pistol that night in violation of company policy.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
The clown that put up a post about my "putting out water for illegals" sure looks to be a hit and run artist,...never replied to my response, or question.

not even remotely dittos, Barry.

GTC
Posted By: g5m Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Not rural, but just for a trip down memory lane:

http://archive.azcentral.com/commun...heading-mexico-drug-trafficking0303.html
Posted By: Owl Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
Dang Blue... I'd have given him a ride. Right to the first Border Patrol checkpoint...

Let them figure out what to do with the poor lost soul.

Glad you're safe !

Jeff
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Schitte, scared me. - 09/07/16
The irony is if you would have got caught giving him a ride you would have landed in a jail cell and he would have gotten welfare and food stamps....

Over the years we have had them break into the camp houses and take food, we don't lock the doors, if we lock the doors then they kick the door down and then we have a robbed camp and a broken door, Fieldgrade, is right we don't give them a ride any where. They have more rights than ranch owner does. Rio7
© 24hourcampfire