Home
Picking sweet corn tomorrow. I'm going to vacuum pack the cobs whole for later in the year.

I'm finding lots of folks like to blanch the cobs before freezing. And the videos I'm watching, most people blanch corn for 5-7 minutes before wrapping and freezing.

Personally, that's over cooked for me. When I cook it fresh, I don't boil it for over 5 minutes, that seems like an awfully long time.

Anybody have any experience blanching corn, I was thinking 2-3 minutes tops would be satisfactory.
If you are freezing on the cob, throw it into the boiling water and pull it out as soon as it comes to the top ,then into ice water
We done it a little different... left it in the shuck, cut off both ends, throw it in a heavy duty trash bag, and put it in the freezer.
Originally Posted by Oldman03
We done it a little different... left it in the shuck, cut off both ends, throw it in a heavy duty trash bag, and put it in the freezer.

Same here,but we shuck it and put it in Zip locks.Never had blanhced it.Take it out frozen, 8- 10minutes in microwave for 2 ears. Yummy!
Blaching is supposed to stop enzyms from degrading it. All vegatable freezeing instructions call for blanching. We do.
Does it matter?
Hell if I know.
© 24hourcampfire