Home
Posted By: ironbender Tractor Bucket "Feet" - 11/18/17
Anyone use these or something similar?

I'm thinking for a new operator they may save divots in my gravel driveway.

https://r2manufacturing.com/
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Tractor Bucket "Feet" - 11/18/17
From having run heavy equipment for many years, I think a decent bucket position indicator would be more helpful. My L2250 didn't have anything on it when I bought it used. I made my own and installed it. Without knowing how the bucket is positioned, you can make a mess real quick. And it doesn't take much to be off enough to make that mess.

Pushing snow on a gravel driveway is hard not to get some gravel in the bucket, if you're trying to get all the way down. I don't try to get it that clean.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Tractor Bucket "Feet" - 11/18/17
It looks like those shoes would leave two inches of snow.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Tractor Bucket "Feet" - 11/18/17
My Kubota has the indicator,but I still did divets. So I took to keeping the bucket up maybe 2" and then the last time thru, I go in reverse and drag the bucket with the leading edge set at down angle just a tad. Those indicators would be pretty easy to make. A few brackets and a 1/4" steel rod.I can take some photos and email them if you want to try. Those feet can tear up the surface if the ground isn't frozen solid.

Although I have big walk behind blower,I picked up a 60" PTO driven blower for the tractor from a guy that was moving to Texas.He had used it once last December. I bet I can do a lot of damage with that.

They are probably pretty pricey in Alaska, but this one was made in Canada, Meteor brand
Posted By: ironbender Re: Tractor Bucket "Feet" - 11/18/17
Ground is frozen. 2” of fluffy snow is not a big deal. I would scrape as it thaws in spring. My snowblower was always set to leave an inch.

That company’s video shows it on grass w no damage.

I might do these until my skill level comes up.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Tractor Bucket "Feet" - 11/19/17
Originally Posted by ironbender
...I might do these until my skill level comes up.

That would be my answer, too! grin

I'm pretty good with a loader, but start doing it on a slightly uneven surface and I'll take divots. I'm also with the other poster who takes a "rough cut" then back-drags the last bit with the edge of the bucket when I want a close, smooth surface.

Ed
© 24hourcampfire