Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Anyone use these or something similar?

I'm thinking for a new operator they may save divots in my gravel driveway.

https://r2manufacturing.com/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
From having run heavy equipment for many years, I think a decent bucket position indicator would be more helpful. My L2250 didn't have anything on it when I bought it used. I made my own and installed it. Without knowing how the bucket is positioned, you can make a mess real quick. And it doesn't take much to be off enough to make that mess.

Pushing snow on a gravel driveway is hard not to get some gravel in the bucket, if you're trying to get all the way down. I don't try to get it that clean.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It looks like those shoes would leave two inches of snow.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My Kubota has the indicator,but I still did divets. So I took to keeping the bucket up maybe 2" and then the last time thru, I go in reverse and drag the bucket with the leading edge set at down angle just a tad. Those indicators would be pretty easy to make. A few brackets and a 1/4" steel rod.I can take some photos and email them if you want to try. Those feet can tear up the surface if the ground isn't frozen solid.

Although I have big walk behind blower,I picked up a 60" PTO driven blower for the tractor from a guy that was moving to Texas.He had used it once last December. I bet I can do a lot of damage with that.

They are probably pretty pricey in Alaska, but this one was made in Canada, Meteor brand

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Ground is frozen. 2” of fluffy snow is not a big deal. I would scrape as it thaws in spring. My snowblower was always set to leave an inch.

That company’s video shows it on grass w no damage.

I might do these until my skill level comes up.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
...I might do these until my skill level comes up.

That would be my answer, too! grin

I'm pretty good with a loader, but start doing it on a slightly uneven surface and I'll take divots. I'm also with the other poster who takes a "rough cut" then back-drags the last bit with the edge of the bucket when I want a close, smooth surface.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,022
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.