Home
Took my 2 1/2 year old grandson fishing yesterday,,,,he loved it (what kid doesn't),,,,,,,,,every time he'd reel it in he would holler "it's the biggest one, it's the biggest one"!!! whether he had one or not!!

caught a bunch of small/medium bream and he caught his first two bass,,,both small but the last one was about 14" and bigger than he wanted to be near!!

take care all and Keep Them Fishing!!
Good for you JD, and if no one has yet, welcome to the fire!
Posted By: Owl Re: fishing as it should be,,,, - 06/02/17
My oldest grand daughter wants me to take her out. She's almost 5.

I'm thinking that next Tuesday is looking pretty good.
thanks wabigoon - new fellow here (obviously) but not new to forums,,,,so I'll play nice,,,,guess you could say I'm an immigrant!

Owl - definitely take her - I enjoyed fishing with my kids (all daughters) but grandkids take it to a whole new realm,,,,and this youngest one (my grandkids range from 18 down to 2) is his Papa's sidekick,,,,,,,,,,
Welcome aboard J D. Always nice to see some new folks pulling up a stump and grabbing a cup of coffee. That young un's gonna remember that fishing trip for a long, long, time. My earliest childhood memories are of fishing with my dad. I remember getting a bath up in Canada in a cooler, and sitting on Dad's lap in the back of a Beaver float plane. We used to go out and fish off a little island out in the middle of tha lake. It was little more than a hunk of granite with one scraggly blueberry bush. They'd tie me off to the bush to keep me from falling in. Kids just don't forget this stuff, and you're planting the seed for a kid to love the out of doors. Good job sir.
Nothing better than taking little ones fishing.
© 24hourcampfire