Home
Anyone out there that can tell me more about a rifle I just purchased.
Are you the guy that spent $2644 at Rock Island Auction?
I’m familiar with them, what do you want to know, pictures would help, they are scarce.
Tuning up my wack-o-meter, crystal ball edition.,, Googling with intent! Similar exemplar achieved???

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-9-3x64-mauser.cfm?gun_id=101485021#lg-1

Unimpressed! "Customized" of features of era past." Not to 'kick it out of bed, but absolutely no premium for a European name and origins. Realizing simply viewing one 'maybe similar" specimen. But speaking of such 'genre' if/as applicable. An "also ran" era rifle perhaps of military mauser origins. I see neither name brand nor established classic styling bragging rights.

Perhaps the one of reference in this Thread differs... The requested photos to 'tell'!
My take!
Best!
JOhn
Hey John,
The model 21 was actually intended as a sort of simplified Mauser small ring action, the shroud is very simplified and the cocking piece is reminiscent of a Mexican Mauser’s. They were a product of the Weimar era and are quite scarce. Other makers/retailers even offered them for a bit, I have one in a brochure actually, but in general they must not have made very many at all.
Thanks Kid! I always value your expert opinions! I sought & found one on the Internet. Large ring but with the same striker group design with simplified bolt shroud minus conventional mauser striker safety altogether. Sounds as you describe. Utilizing a Greener pattern in-stock rotating safety, trigger impinging. A small ring sporter edition would be much more interesting to me. I like those models where converted for their typical slimness in lightweight sporter configurations.

My ovreall impression of the Google result I saw was of a milsurp rework done well but nothing spectacular. As far as the DWM action specimen, frankly it seems to me you can only get so-much mileage from such a build. "Commercial action" as about the same, as noted, the 1909 Argentine Model. In assessing the "package", likely I'd look more at the overall presentation; "the product", than ping on "commercial" or as if here, on rarity. What I see in the subject rifle pix is something akin to the Brno Model 21 and frankly, I'd prefered it for the package it is. To have a specimen of the Schmidt; 'at the right price', but not a premium hinging on "commercial" as here.
"Varying collector appeal!"
Thanks for your input!
Best!
John
I have always wanted an 88 Commission rifle or a 98 sporter with set triggers. I am envious of yours. Looks really nice.
© 24hourcampfire