Home
Posted By: win7stw 1925 Grade II Browning Auto 5 - 05/13/23
Added another 16 to my Auto 5 collection. This one is a 1925 Grade II with some neat paperwork. Supposedly there were only 10 guns produced in 1925 according to the S/V book

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I’m not a big A5 fan, however that one is an excellent example. Very nice!!!!
Very nice indeed. Obviously need to drink a high quality beverage after shooting to celebrate the occaision.mb
Congrats! Great gun!
Thanks guys. The neatest thing to me is that the test target was stamped February 4th which just happens to be my birthday [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Wow that's really neat!
That’s great to have all that documentation with a nice, early G2 example. At one time, I owned a 1913 16ga with a straight grip stock. Supposedly it was one of the first 1k 16ga A5s brought into the US….according to Mr Shirley, anyway. It wasn’t nearly as nice on condition and provenance as yours. Nice acquisition.
Like "battue", I'm not a big A5 fan, but for that gun, I think I could be persuaded to push some of my personal dislikes aside! 😉👍
After all, being a sworn "no-auto in my house" fanatic, I "DID" pick up (rescue?) a nice old Rem "Sportsman" 16 gauge from a pawn shop a few years back.
Rem started building the Sportsman 16 gauge in 1932. My gun is one of the first 500 made!
Love "old" guns! ESPECIALLY old 16 gauge guns!
Posted By: Edm1 Re: 1925 Grade II Browning Auto 5 - 06/29/23
That is awesome. I’d love to find something similar.
Great looking gun, congrats on the find!
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
That’s great to have all that documentation with a nice, early G2 example. At one time, I owned a 1913 16ga with a straight grip stock. Supposedly it was one of the first 1k 16ga A5s brought into the US….according to Mr Shirley, anyway. It wasn’t nearly as nice on condition and provenance as yours. Nice acquisition.

Thanks. It took me a long time to find a straight grip. I have a 1912 that I spruced up the wood on.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1912 and 1930
Originally Posted by Edm1
That is awesome. I’d love to find something similar.
I love the Grade IIs. I have two others but they aren’t as nice as this one
That is very nice. Like others have said I'm not a big A-5 fan but I'd make an exception for that one especially a 16
I AM a Browning Auto-5 fan and i love that one. I have two myself.
Wooo! That’s a beaut.

Just a few days ago I found a very nice sweet 16 at a shop. Was hard to hand it back.
Win7stw, what is the weight on that 16 if you don't mind me asking?
Originally Posted by win7stw
Thanks guys. The neatest thing to me is that the test target was stamped February 4th which just happens to be my birthday [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
So you’re 98 too????😂😂
Wow, very nice 16.
Originally Posted by Winnie70

I will have to measure it and let you know
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by win7stw
So you’re 98 too????😂😂

If I doubled my age I still wouldn’t be close to 98
Originally Posted by Winnie70

7lb 8oz
© 24hourcampfire