Originally Posted by EdM
We did a family trip in 2011, wife and three son's. My youngest son, then eleven, used "his" Walther Mauser in 7x57 and the 160 he AB launched at 2650 fps. Kudu, blesbuck, wildebeest, warthog, impala and more warthog fell out to 400 yards on the kudu. He was a happy camper...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Wider-expanding or partially fragmenting bullets, like the 156 Norma Oryx, 160 Nosler Partition/AccuBond, or even the 160 Sierra GameKing kill quicker on average at 7x57 velocities. (Yeah, I've shot some African animals with 160 GameKings, though none weighing much more than 200 pounds. There were zero bullet failures, and all the animals died quickly.)

I've been noticing a trend that seems be being established in a lot of the 7x57 posts/discussions: it's 160(ish) grain bullets. Is the 160 sort of the "sweet spot" in the 7x57, especially at normal (i.e., modern) 7x57 velocities?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown