As a very young boy, i would hear stories from my grandmother about her great grandfather (my GGG Grandfather) and his brothers, whom she knew till he died in 1929 (she was 10). He fought for the CSA out of Tennessee and rode under Forrest. He was told he would receive 50$ whether the war lasted 5 months or 5 years, and obviously never saw a penny. every year we would drive up to Tennessee where we have a farm, we would pass many battlefields like kennesaw mountain, chickamauga, missionary ridge, atlanta, stones river, etc

I had family members imprisoned by union and killed by the union.

I would hear the stories about generals, outnumbered, outgunned, valor, bravery, overcoming odds etc and always feel a sense of pride that I had kin who took part in that. None of my kin who fought owned a plantation or slaves. Seeing the battle flag, which i think looks "cooler" than old glory, alaways filled me with a sense of pride of my heritage and where I came from. Never once was it a white supremacy issue, it was a "Hey thats part of who I am, who we were."

That flag is woven into the fabric of my youth...

My family is a member of the: First Families of Tennessee (FFT). Membership is open to anyone who can prove direct descent from a person or persons living in any part of what is now Tennessee before or by statehood in 1796.

MY GGG Grandfather and General Forrest

[Linked Image]

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984