Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Those of you in the south, or with southern roots, how do you answer those who proclaim the flag represents a support for slavery or modern day racism? How do you define what the flag means to you?

And I swear, this is not an attempt to troll, I'm just completely ignorant on the whole matter. I don't believe for a minute that those proud of their southern roots are racist, nor do I see their pride in the flag as racism, but I would like to get it straight from the south, how you all perceive the flag what it means to southerners..

Thank you.

well Mike, your thread IS an attempt to troll.

I have mentioned before, that the various Flags of the Confederacy represent to me, the sacrifice my Great Grandfather and his family made, in an effort to support what they believed in.
He was not a slave owner, just a small farmer. He was not a General, an officer, a politician, or a policy maker. Just a dirt farmer, a Christian, and he fought for his people and his land.
It's my heritage. I support it.

Shut up Sam, why is it that the same little girls show up in every post pointing their fingers sealing "troll"?