Hey everyone, I don't post often but I read here everyday. I would like to get the perspective of more experienced hunters who have the advantage of hindsight and also more international hunting experience than myself (which doesn't take much, ha.) First, a short background on me. I am 32, married, and about 11 months ago I finished all of my medical training. I grew up and still live in the Southeast US hunting whitetail and small game. It's nice but I have always dreamed of Africa, Alaska, and all the other far off places. Now that I have some disposable income it's time to make dreams a reality. Last August I went to Namibia for my first safari (typical plains game, 10 days, had a blast) and prior to that I have been to Utah for mule deer and elk in on unguided, public land hunts. They were awesome but I never shot anything. I want to/dream of doing it all, especially sheep, but Africa and dangerous game was the first thing that lured me as a boy.

All of that leads me to this question, and I know it's just speculation but I thought some of you may enjoy the discussion. If you were in my position or if you had to do it over again but starting in today's political climate- Where would you start? I'm sure some of you had the chance to hunt Kenya or even tigers way back (which in my mind seems like the ultimate hunt on the planet) and didn't do it. I'm looking at elephant and lion right now as the two most endangered hunts due to the politics of both Africa and the libtards in the US. But are there other species I am missing that I should give consideration. In my mind I have written off most of the sheep/goats of Asia due to the obvious issues in the Middle East. I am sitting in the hospital right now with my wife and my 2nd son was just born yesterday. What animal should I make top priority right now so that when he is a young man he can look at that mount with stars in his eyes, amazed at what his father hunted as a younger man and inspired by that to go seek his own adventures before they too pass by.

Thanks for your time.