I don't have any expensive lenses but then I don't do photography for a living either. I have looked at a lot of photo's taken with other than expensive lenses that are absolutely super! I'm not sure even a pro could really justify the cost of some of the high dollar lenses for no other reason than their client's will never know the difference! I shoot trial dogs casting off. I use a 55-300 Nikon lens, not the best but does a job that everybody seem's to like. For placement shots I use an 18-105 Nikon, more than good enough for what I do. I would like to have a good high dollar lens for no other reason than to say I have it! Here is a couple photo's of my Squirt I took with an old, film days, Sigma 70-300 lens. I don't think anyone would call this a high quality lens but then I think the photo's are more than alright. How much better would they have to be with an expensive lens to make the expensive lens worth buying?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Our Tamron rep here has taken and posted a lot of absolutely super photo's taken with after marker lenses that are not high dollar lenses. I think what you have to ask yourself is, how good is good?

Last edited by DonFischer; 06/26/15.