Once coming out of Juneau on Alaska the agent had a fit when I put my rifle case on the scale.... before I could say Hello she was screaming I didn't declare my firearm... in spite of the old case have a FIREARM ENCLOSED banner on it..... I must have been the only old guy ever to fly to Juneau with a rifle I guess. Several years back my wife wanted to tour before and after a hunt so I arranged to borrow a rifle. We had a great trip and I have never again bothered to take a firearms anywhere...Argentina, New Zealand, Scotland, England, Africa. Its not worth the cost, risk, worry or hassles. Only one time did the outfitter ask for anything more than ammo costs and I have always handed top flight equipment; Beretta, Benelli, Sauer, Sako, several Customs, one Rigby, Ruger, Remington, Winchester and multiple calibers depending on game too. (I'm sure I missed some too) But I asked in advance to be certain about rifles and scopes. You are not an "evil hunter/killer" but simply an American tourist though that has it's risks too.

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**