I have travelled to South Africa twice in the past three years. Both times I have flown Delta. Both times have been poor experiences. My trip in May 2015 to South Africa was for a nine day hunting safari that I had planned and saved for, and was a special gift to my 13 year old son who accompanied me. When I arrived in JNB, my gun case did not. My rifles did not arrive until two days later. Needless to say, a hunting safari without the use of a firearm is a problem. I lost 2 of 9 days due to improper baggage handling.

Furthermore, upon my return to Seattle, I had to check my firearms through TSA in Atlanta. They informed me that the case had not been tagged properly by Delta in JNB, and would not be destined for Seattle. After a long 15 hour flight, I was forced to take the case to a Delta agent in Atlanta to get it properly tagged.

I was treated very poorly and rudely in Seattle by a Delta agent during my 2012 trip.

I hope to return again to South Africa in a few years. My friend flies Emirates through Dubai. I am inclined to take his advice if I do. I am disappointed in Delta. I see your ads about caring for customers and so forth, and wonder why that message doesn't filter down to the employees that have serviced me.

Sincerely,