Originally Posted by Sask_Hunter
How does the small rifle primer work in cold conditions (-30)?

I posted this in December 2013 when I had the same question. I have no problems with 450s and cold weather.
A while back I asked on the forum if anyone had experience with the 6.5x47 in cold temperatures and if there were any issues with delayed ignition or no bang at all. My questions were not answered to my satisfaction so I had one built over the summer and went out today in -36C (not counting windchill which was -44C) and wanted to see for myself. I left the rifle and ammunition exposed on the bench for the entire session (3 hours) and then fired several shots prior to packing up and going home. Load was 36.3gr Varget with a cci450 and 140 bergers. Every single load went bang perfectly just like in the summer. No delay or anything. My group and POI was unchanged as well. I was going to use 22-250 in cold weather if needed but I won't have to go through that now. The cci450's and varget work perfectly in -36C and if you've been wondering if small primers will be a problem, perhaps I have given you some useful information.