Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by fourbore
Although I never had one, for cheep cheep, the CZ99 looks interesting. On line $150 and cabelas sale $225. I think the company is Zestava.

I agree with everyone else, and would suggest a very little more get you a lot more. My favorite Ruger American run about $300 these days. Should be a lifetime keeper.

Can we buy Chinese guns in the USA? I though Clinton put on a ban or something to that effect? Why wont Slavic post his country in his profil?

The current production Zestava rifle look like crap to me. The Yugoslav-built rifle built in the past and imported by Interarms, Charles Daly, and Remington were much better finished than the current stuff that is so bad that it would may a hyena gag.

I saw a rack of these at Cabelas and the metal work looked pretty darn good. The action design looked good. The stock was horrible. The stock could not have be finished worse if they did it deliberately! Hyena, heck maggot. They offered a 22mag and 22LR. Given a choice on a cheep-cheep, I would rather sacrifice the wood than the steel. I have read some owners did a fairly good stock refinish. I have to agree to the point that I would not buy one. Life to too short to waste time on something like that. Mine life anyway. Your age may vary.