Originally Posted by RWE
Do you guys grill stuff and drink beer to celebrate?

RWE;
Top of the morning to you sir, hopefully this finds you well and keeping cool enough.

So while we're a few countries below the US in per capita consumption of beer - you good folks are at 77 liters and we're 66 liters - yes I'd say the "typical" Canadian will be consuming beer today as a part of their celebration.

While the term "grilling" or even "grill" is just now catching on up here - we've been "barbecuing" for a long, long time now. In fact based upon our travels to the western states, I'd say that propane fed units were more common up here first.

I'm not really sure we have as advanced a "grilling culture" though - again it might be just my personal sphere of experience speaking. There seems to be more of that in Ontario maybe????

Other than that, here in BC there will be Canada Day events and parades in most towns big and small - tonight will be live bands followed by fireworks displays.

We're going to head 40 minutes south of us to the border town of Osoyoos - population roughly 5000 or so - that will likely spend over $75,000 on the fireworks display this year.

They do it down on the beach and shoot them over the water, which adds an extra element of sight and sound. cool

[Linked Image]

Thanks to the rest of you for the Canada Day greetings, we do appreciate it and enjoy being in all of your fine company.

All the best to my Canuck brothers and sisters again and an early Happy Fourth of July to my US friends here too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"