Originally Posted by 204guy
If looking for a strictly camp shoe and water crossings, I've found the Nothingz to be better than Crocs. They're lighter, have a more aggressive tread and you can get them with the closed toes. The closed toes suck for wearing around the house as they make my feet sweat like crazy but they're much better for camping.
Just weighed my size 13 Nothingz with closed toe. 13.5 oz
Very worn out pair of regular open toed Crocs without the backstrap size 12 15 oz.

That said I just ordered a pair of New Balance HI-REZ off STP to try as camp/water crossing shoes. My current water crossing system is a pair of glacier socks with the Nothingz over them, but I'd like something a little more secure on my foot.

Luke, what are you currently using for camp shoes?

Depends. Sometimes I just take a set of thick merino wool socks for weighing inside the tipi at night and hanging out in there. Other times I will take a pair of NB minimus shoes to and some less then merino socks. But really depends on how far in we are going and how much crap I am already taking. THe minimus shoes are 10 oz for the pair I believe and wok well and dry fast. Much preferred over crocs as I can walk in them much better over uneven ground and stay on my feet better when crossing fast moving creeks and such.