Originally Posted by JPro
Mud or all-terrain version? Also, what model of Tacoma? 4cyl or V-6? Going standard size tire or one size up?

Only asking because it all makes a difference. I had two of the 3.4L 5spd older trucks with oversized tires, one being 32x11.50 and the other being 265/75/R16, and they both had no problems with daily driveability on those larger and heavier mud tires.

My current Tacoma is a 4.0 with automatic, and 265/75/16 mud tires make a difference in power and driveability, even though the 4.0 makes another 50hp or so. The programming for that engine/transimission combo is engineered for fuel economy and the shift points come on too early. I like the truck, but wish I had the 6spd manual. I recently picked up another set of wheels and now run P-rated 265/75/16 all terrain Coopers, leaving the mudders for hunting season only. The lighter tire makes a difference. Just FYI.....

2014 4.0 v6 automatic transmission, all terrain versions would probably be my choice. My son has the v6 6spd not sure which I prefer.