That's a great story Joe.
I mentioned in another post that I started the writeup on my Dad yesterday. I guess he was really straight-laced. He didn't drink for one thing. I mentioned that because the ground people would give the flight crews a shot of scotch when they returned to sort of calm them down before their debriefing. My Father and several others who didn't drink would give their scotch to the drinkers. By the time they'd get to the debriefing a couple of the guys would have had three or four shots of scotch. These were of course the guys who started telling about seeing German fighters that didn't have propellers. After that they didn't get their scotch until after the debriefing. My Father said he saw one of those propeller-less fighters but he sure wasn't reporting anything that preposterous. What they were seeing were the early German prototype jet fighters. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]