A nine year old boy was killed in a house fire that same weekend. His sister is in critical condition. No fault or doing of their own.

A drunk 22 year old puts a firework to his head and lights it. He is also dead.

Both are way too young but I know where my sympathies lie.

Originally Posted by jimmyp
there is no common sense anymore. People play video games and have very little exposure to reality. Kid's get no exposure for the most part to knives, hatchets, matches, guns, fireworks. We have seatbelt laws and airbags. Folks die because they have a fleeting concept of physics and reality. Brandon Lee killed himself with a blank on a movie set I guess about 20 years ago, put the gun to his head with a blank in it IIRC. Teach your kids and grandkids a little reality when ever possible. We cannot assume this kid was a moron, we can know he had no idea what he was did was going to kill him.

I agree but and this is a big but. The drunk 22 year old parents are now calling for State regulations of fireworks. I may not be the brightest bulb but I never considered drinking a bunch of Nattys and lighting a mortar on my head as being a good idea. Don't need the state to tell me that. We can't reward stupid.

Last edited by JDK; 07/07/15.