Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by JDK
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I'm a fairly compassionate person and am saddened when a young life is cut short. We had a couple of teen age girls that were walking on a sidewalk in the middle of the day when a drunk mowed them down and killed both of them. That was a tragedy and senseless loss. Countless kids and young adults die from cancer and that tears at my heart.

But a drunk putting and explosive on his head and blowing it off? I can't work up a scintilla of compassion for that sort of stupid savant.

I could not agree more.

Kids is stoopid, they do stoopid things, it doesn't mean they deserve to die for their stoopidity. I can name a few things that if I would have succumbed to my own young stupidity, would most likely garner the same reaction. Some people are acting as if they never got drunk as a teen and did stupid crap.

Talk about reaching

This isn't a criminal sentence, and life is not fair. As much as liberal progressives would like us to believe that there are no consequences to one’s actions and choices, and that participating is just as valuable as putting in a winning performance, it just isn’t so. I’ve shed countless tears for children I don’t know who have died through no fault of their own. I’m saddened by people who chose to take their own life when they fall into despair.

If this had been my own kid I’d certainly be saddened by the loss of his life, but instead of trying to blame others for his stupid actions, I’d be searching within myself how I’d failed as a parent.

It was an absolutely stupid beyond belief action. To considerate it anything other than that is ridiculous. There are consequences to actions and one really stupid action is often one’s last act. I’m sick and tired of this nation coddling and excusing the stupid. They should be made to understand at a young age that foolish behavior is not acceptable.

The definition of deserve is: to do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment)

I guess I’ll be a heartless bastard to say by that definition, igniting and explosive on his head, he absolutely deserved what he got. No different than putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger and expecting something other than blowing one’s brains out.