I want to develop a practice handload for use in multiple rifles. They include a .223 Hawkeye, two Mini-14 Ranch Models and five AR's we have in the family [all of a sudden]. Four of the AR's are new to me. My kids went on a little buying spree and I had to get one to keep up.

I am looking for recommendations for an accurate, economical, 55gr practice bullet and load. I will load it with .223 Rem load data and will likely use R-15 {since I have some} I have a load worked up with 55gr PSP Hornady's with cannelure and may end up just using that.

I have been pretty disappointed with the 193 loads insofar as accuracy. Otherwise, I might just buy a bunch of that. I suspect the bullet may be a part of the problem.

The only bullet I have located that seems to have good possibilities is the Hornady 55gr FMJ BT with cannelure. They are available from at least one source for $9.00/hundred.

I would appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Thanks,
Gary

I realize this might be more properly posted in the reloading forum but I expect this is the best area to find experienced users.