I have not tried them.

I need to shoot a lot of stuff before I share an opinion. I cannot possibly kill enough stuff to play with every design.

I'm really a slick trick guy. Those and the Viper tricks are my go to heads to hunt with and would be my first choice for any difficult or expensive trip.

The Hypodermic was a choice I made to understand for myself the advantages of the mechanicals and the potential problems. I made this choice after doing the "administrative" reading and the study of the various designs made. This design opens the blades before they get to the skin. Unlike the Ulmer and the Schwacker which most people I've spoken to do not fully understand. The schwacker style design opens inside the animal, so it's simply a little hole on the entry side and quite often no exit when those big blades open inside.

There is plenty of marketing and sales pitch to sort through on all the designs. Read the reports or advertising and study it for yourself. My conclusion was that a 2" wide expandable does me no good without a 2" entry hole. The exit is often a disappointment because it's a core belief of mine that the exits bleed far more. No 2" entry, no point in an expandable in my opinion.

With the Hypodermic you get a 2" entry every time and they cause copious amounts of blood flow, I've even seen chunks of fat on the track while following the blood trails. They handle 60-70lb draw very good, and have never broken a blade. They have had the blades twisted beyond repair though. They shoot to 80 yards as good as a field point for me. With the sacrificial black plastic collars they have never opened on me while carrying or shooting. They have never failed to make that 2" entry cut in the skin.

Once the decision was made on which to try, I went all in and started shooting stuff. What I have written here is from my personal experience, not what I have read from others, and certainly not ( deliberately) repeating any marketing hype!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)