Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by davidlea
Model 12's, unless in 28ga, don't bring what they are truly worth. I think shotgunning has changed a lot and a fixed choke plain barreled 12ga pump in 2 3/4" doesn't fit most folks idea of a "useful" gun. Every time I see one priced like that I'm tempted to buy it. Times have truly changed..

Sad but true, the mdl 12 prices started dropping in 2006 with the prices remaining flat for field guns. The 28 gauge guns and Mdl 42's still bring collector prices for "Clean" unmolested guns. The generation that admired the old guns are dying off, retired from shooting with the new generation wanting a more modern (Designer) looking shotgun or just a 870 Express.

The Winchester Super X model 1 prices are depressed as well considering less than 92,000 were produced.

Doc

Model 1897s aren't bringing what they did a few years ago either unless it's a bona-fide trenchgun or a Black Diamond but model 21s are strong and the few decent 1901s that I've seen are just crazy...wait 20 years or so and what is in demand today will be ho-hum then.

The antique oak furniture market(at least in my area)is very depressed...the yuppies will pass on a really nice claw-foot round oak table with matching chairs to buy one of those chrome and vinyl dinette sets from the 50s for two or three times more money...I don't understand it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla