I picked up a Model 12 12 ga, 20" cylinder to which a Cutts had been added a while back. IIRC, it was an early 50s gun wearing the US ordinance markings. Likely a Bureau of Prisons gun as it was carried a good bit and according to the innards, shot little.

Why buy such these days? I learned on a pump and it was $140 in a pawn shop. At that price, I can use it as a dedicated truck or Kawasaki Mule gun and it will last forever. Or for a piece of money, Briley could do wonders with the barrel. But why, I have other guns to hunt with or to impress folks.

I do use two other pumps from time to time. A thirty something 870 with a later extra light screw choke system and my delightful 42, a modified choke gun I picked up a few years ago still in amazing condition. If the terrain and conditions are right, it is a fun dove gun.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero