Originally Posted by JamesW
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
It acts as a cleaning agent. Your complete mistreatment of the firearm is rearing it's ugly head. Not the Frog lube. Clean the gun, apply it as advertised and carry on. Ive used it on firearms in minus 30 degrees Celsius (I live in Canada) with ZERO problems. Again, clean the crap off your firearm.

Yeah! Actually cleaned with carburetor cleaner then metho then the frog lube cleaner all whilst scrubbing with a tooth brush and bore brushes, the problem has been that the varnish has not been removed and has slowly softened into gum over the last couple of months to form a sticky gum. These rifles are all from the 50's and the newest one is a 1970 model.

Stripped the rifle I had problems with yesterday and one area that has been cleaned 3 times with the above process and still gums up, still has hard varnish under the gum, it chips off with a scriber but I'm having trouble getting the scriber into areas to remove it! leaving frog lube on it for a couple of months for it to slowly dissolve is not an option.

Again I think this stuff is good, but it's ability to disable a rifle if all the stars don't line up, is a serious problem.

Get a proper solvent and clean your rifle. Then apply the Frog Lube as directed.