Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Originally Posted by BGunn
140 in my '57 Chevy, felt like the front tires weren't even touching the ground. A few seconds later, I was going backwards at about 120 or 130, down an embankment. Didn't hurt me or the car a bit, other than the s#!t on the drivers seat.

Here's an interesting one...

Jessi Combs...

[Linked Image]

On October 9, 2013, Combs drove the North American Eagle (NaE) Supersonic Speed Challenger at the Alvord desert, claiming the women's land speed record with an official run of 392.954 mph (632 km/h) and a top speed of 440.709 mph (709 km/h). In doing so, she broke the 48-year-old women's land speed reicord, a 308.51 mph run average, set by Lee Breedlove in 1965.

Girl's got her stuff together..

I haven't had my 2013 Mustang GT (420 hp) over 98 mph..... yet

[Linked Image]

Got to love women who drive. A friend raced the Silver State. Her average speed was 186 and roped out at 216. In the late 90s.
Finest run I saw was at Bonneville. I was on the timing crew stationed at mile 5 on the 9 mile course. A guy had a semi tractor doing 177.....what a song!!!
It was cooler than the streamlined doing377..
The semi was out of Grants Pass OR. Didn't finish the run......blew both front tires.
I love speed week.

yeah there is a local guy around here that builds that and a bunch of other custom things that goes fast......

on the flip side, no matter how fast I've gone in a car or other vehicle, the guys I think are nuts are the speeds that some of those guys hit in Europe on a Bicycle on some of those races coming down off of a mountain in the Alps....

Like 70 something mph, on bike wheels as thin as a razor blade...
and the closest thing to your nuts is a metal bar, which would be no fun if one of those tires blew... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez