Those dispersing lions show up here in Wisconsin from time to time and cause quite a stir. Trail cam pics are the predominate evidence that they are here.

The DNR act like a bunch of buffoons when they are presented with an opportunity to capture one. A friend of mine in the northwest part of state treed one with his bear hounds for the DNR. It was an extensive chase with the lion treeing then bailing out at the approach of the men. Finally the lion stayed put in a tree, the DNR moved in with a tranquilizer gun and darted the lion. The lion went airborne and hit the ground running.

My friend asked the DNR if they were shooting blanks and they said they shot it with a low dose because they did not want the lion to fall out of the tree and hurt itself. The DNR wanted to pursue further and my friend said screw you and pulled out.

A landowner in southeast Wisconsin noticed a set of large cat tracks in the snow going into an old barn. He investigated and a lion skedaddled out of there. He called the DNR and rather than calling a houndman in to capture the lion, they just took some hair and scat evidence. They declined to call in the dogs because they did not want to disturb the neighbors. That cat was shot in Chicago by a cop and it's DNA matched the DNA found near the barn in Wisconsin, plus placed the cat from the Black Hills.

Last edited by roundoak; 07/21/15.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime