Hi, I am new around here and see the 375+ cartridges are a common topic so I'll ask for some advice on something.

I love my Ruger Guide gun in 375 Ruger. It's the gun I want to put down a large moose or bear right where the bullet connects. Though the inefficiency of the cartridge out of the 20" barrel bugs me. I know I maybe shouldn't be, but it does when a 35 Whelen or 9.3x62 could have 99.9% of the terminal effect with 10-20% less powder and a lot less muzzle blast. Before someone suggests simply getting a 35 or 9.3, know that I am left handed and couldn't for the life of me locate one when I was shopping and ultimately settled on the Ruger. I didn't want to go custom because of the cost and waiting time. Yes, the 375 Ruger is a poor man's 375! Perhaps I'll find one someday, but let me say that I really do love the Guide Gun's weight, stock, action, and I am not at all negatively sensitive to the recoil. I can convince myself to "enjoy" it.

So, I am thinking of trading barrels with a 416 Ruger, if it'll work. I would trade just the barrel so I can keep the left handed action, which is not offered for the 416.

The question I have for anyone experienced with the 375's and 416's, is the difference in anchoring effect on large critters of Alaska. Primarily for large moose, but also if I need to stop a brown bear.

For a fair comparison of numbers, I spent some time on the Powley calculator and came up with these figures with equal pressures at 62,000 psi and 20" barrel:
375 Ruger: 300 A-Frame (SD .305) at 2540 fps
416 Ruger: 300 TSX (SD .248) at 2620
416 Ruger: 340 Woodleigh (SD .281) PPSN at 2490
I didn't include a 400gr example because that's just a bit too much of good thing for me and I'd prefer to not lose too much speed for a 200-300 yd shot.
Would the 416's larger caliber and better efficiency (higher power) overcome the lower SD enough to still be notably better at anchoring than the 375?

To me, I like the idea of the switch purely out of an ideological sense for efficiency and offering perhaps a faster kill. If those of you that are experience with both when it comes to 1000+ lb critters also think there's a notable real life difference, I'll make the switch. But I'll live with it if not. Thanks!