William E, Tibbe,

Thanks for your suggestions and concern but I'm certain the problem I (as well as others) had with the weird multiple digit date was a site related issue and not a computer, software, set-up/adjustment, etc., on my end as evidenced by the fact that it is displaying dates correctly now. I made absolutely no changes whatsoever on my end so obviously it must have been site related and as such was corrected by this site's owner and/or Sysops.

I just checked mine, Using Internet Explorer - MSN and it did drop down just fine. The problem is not coming from the website.

The drop down window opens up just fine for me too when I click on the "What time format do you want to use?" button. My point is once the window opens up there are no time format options to choose from now at all,...it is totally blank,... but it did offer options before this last forum glitch/re-do. I used to be able to look back at old posts weeks, months, years old and the date as well as the time they were made was displayed on each posts header.

It may well be that this is the way it is going to stay now. If so, OK, I'm simply pointing out some things to the webmaster I am seeing on my end that aren't the way they were before this most recent issue this forum went through.

My computer is several years old but it does have right at 1 Ghz larger processor and 2 gig more RAM than you say your's has so I really doubt mine is anywhere close to being under capacity simply to browse this site.

One of the most common things when members report having problems here is not everyone experiences the exact same problems and many won't be having any problems whatsoever.