I wanted to give a shout out to Matt C from Big Lake who had posted his own vehicle for sale or trade on c-list and unknowingly swapped his vehicle for my wheelers, which were stolen. A day or two after Matt traded for my wheelers he saw his vehicle on a lemon lot in Wasilla and grew suspicious. Matt saw my 'stolen' listing on c-list and returned both my machines (trailer is still missing though) and never asked about the reward I posted (I gave it to him regardless).

I had left the wheelers on a vacant property owned by an acquaintance on the Tok Cut-off for three days and a shifty Hungarian with an expiring visa stole my machines to raise money to get out of the country and is probably in Canada now, according to his brother.

Lessons learned:
*Don't give someone the opportunity to steal your crap! (It was locked, chained and parked at the back of the property, but that didn't matter.)
*Trailers are NOT covered on your homeowners policy! It's only covered if you're in an accident.
*Insurance will probably only pay 50-60% of retail if you have insurance on a stolen atv.
*Don't give up hope finding you're wheelers! I bought an '08 Ranger 6x6 on Monday (7-13) and had my wheelers returned (in good shape, with new ignitions too!) 7-14!

Last edited by Wook; 07/22/15.