I still own a 22-250 I barreled for my self and it is in the 767,000 range. This looked like an R model when I got it. Even though it was a .300 Savage, it had the rotor support web milled out. It was original except for a bad swivel job and the barrel was bad.
I also have one that started as a .308 and I rebarreled to .260. It is in the 842,000 range, but there is an "A" in front of the serial number. I don't know if the "A" means 1 million plus?

If you have "Reliable" research, you should share. I and others on this forum may be interested. If you are using Murrey's book, forget about it. Other than using it as a restoration guide, it is of no value to somebody that works on the 99 Savage. The most valuable research would be to find a guy that worked on the line at Savage, or one of their toolmakers. I am assuming most of them are gone by now. I don't take anything to the bank with internet research. Not a year goes by that an "Absolute fact" about something historical is proven wrong.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 07/23/15.