Originally Posted by Reloder28
Hart.

Bought it through Sinclair Intl. It weighs 18 lbs. Weight is your friend on a front rest. I have a leather front bag on the Hart. My rear bag is leather too. I suggest Cordura topped bags for front & back. It allows the gun to recoil freely. With solid leather you need to spray your bags with Suave deodorant with Talcum Powder. I am tired of doing so. That is why they make Cordura tops.

One of the best responses to the OP. Hart for me too, with interchangeable tops because I am lazy as well as fussy.

For the past couple of years I have been a range officer at our local range. I am amazed at the number of "serious" shooters who invest considerable time and money "testing", but IMO achieving suboptimal results because their technique is deficient even if they have decent equipment. Poor choice of rest(s) and how they are used is a major culprit. Gimmicky rests, even expensive ones, seldom work as advertised.

The dynamics of a light-for-power hunting rifle vs. a typical benchrest rifle are distinctly different. A big game rifle with a synthetic stock free floated will bounce clear off a hard packed front bag like benchresters use. Wrap around forearm checkering will kill your groups too, not to mention a sling swivel stud. A simple expedient like a plastic baggie between stock and the rest can improve groups significantly.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.