Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
After fondling some AR's today, I'm wondering what I should expect for accuracy from a Daniel Defense MK12? This one has a very nice Geissele trigger. Any of you guys running the MK12? Are they worth the $1,800.00 price tag and is there a better rifle to buy out there for less money. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the newbie questions, but have been kicking around the idea of getting an AR for a while now. Thanks...

I do own a Daniel Mk12. It is well made and reliable, but not a tack driver.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've managed a couple groups around 1.4 MOA for 10 shots. So far I have yet to hit on the combo that gives better accuracy. By contrast I have an Armalite bull barrel gun that is currently in 2nd place in the AR Challenge, which cost a heck of a lot less than the Daniel.

The DD MK12 barrel is an 18" CHF and nitrided barrel, which I expect should shoot fairly well for many thousands of rounds, hot or cold, rain or shine. Maybe I'll hit on the trick that makes it really shoot well, but I'm thinking I need someone else's barrel.

Damn that news sucks. I still haven't made my mind up, but looking at some RRA rifles after shooting my buddies the other day. It shoots very well. I like the match grade trigger as well, but like the Geiselle SSA-E two stage better in the DD MK12. Your rifle is very nice. I'm kind of bummed your not getting better accuracy out of her...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA