Sounds a bit like the woman who came to my office in the park, a very large redwood camping park, to complain about the smoke from the camp stoves aggravating her asthma. She wanted all the cooking and warming fires banned. I told her she should immediately leave the park, as there was a inversion layer holding the smoke down near the ground, and that it would break around noon letting the smoke rise. Until then the park would smell like smoke and bacon and eggs being fried up. Further, I informed her that she should never return to the park, as there are many allergens from pollen to molds and fungus that will cause asthma to flair up.

She got on her high horse, accusing me of being insensitive to the needs of asthmatics. I laughed at her, reached into my pocket and pulled out my rescue inhaler, and showed her my epinephrine autoinjector, and bottle of Benadryl in my lunch box. I too have asthma I explained, in fact I was so allergic to inhalants and some foods, that I had been receiving immunization injections for years. My allergist even used me for a test subject to develop new drugs and treatments. They even used my blood samples to develop the allergen-specific immunoglobulin E (IgE) test. She harrumphed off.

Soon received a call from the admin office, it was the little twist of a manager who wanted to know if we should ban campfires. I convinced her that was impractical, ridiculous for one person, and explained that I had worse asthma than the complainant. Never head about it again. But you can be assured that somewhere, in some meeting, a little twist of a manager or board member said; "I have an idea, lets outlaw barbecue smoke and odors from leaving a property to protect the health of sensitive people". Morons are everywhere, especially in Florida and California.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 07/27/15.