Yep, when I was a kid spending my summers on my Grandpa Hank's farm out of Corvallis, Montana, I shot a .25 Stevens quite a bit. Actually, we had four really great rimfires on the farm; the standard 22 LRs, of course, the fantastic .22 Special (WRF), the .25 Stevens and the one I loved dearly, a tiny Remington Rolling block in .32 Long Rimfire.

I actually killed a deer each with the .25 Stevens and the .32 Long Rimfire. Hey, tuck the bullet tight behind the ear and they die most sincerely dead.

By the way, the .32 burned semi-smokeless powder, to it was a good smoke show and it rolled the crap out of gophers.

I always thought that the .25 Stevens would sell well if reintroduced. And talk about a fine "kit gun" cartridge for a light revolver ... it would beat the heck out of a .22 LR every day of the week.

Yeah, the .25 Stevens is a cool cartridge.

I don't know if Bay's Store is still alive and kicking in Corvallis, but that's where Grandpa Hank and I bought our ammo. If I remember correctly, .22 Long Rifle HPs were about fifty cents a box and shorts were thirty-five cents. The .25s and .32s were almost a dollar a box and I got a silver dollar a day when working off the farm ... it was a major purchase for a ten-year old.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397