Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Old Western Scrounger?

I found this.

Blessings,

Steve

"Old Western Scrounger has said that the supply of .25 Stevens rimfire has dried up.

All primary production of .25 Stevens ended in 1940. Canuck made a short run in the 1970's and some of that is available. Navy arms made a VERY short run in the 1980's but I've seen none of it at any price for quite a while.

Ammo-one.com has .25 Stevens short for $2.75 a cartridge, and .25 Stevens long for $3.75 a cartridge.

There is an opened box of Remington UMC .25 Stevens short on gunbroker as of now ( 1 Sept 2010 ) at $175, a box of Winchester .25 stevens with an opening bid of $175, and a box of Canuck at $60 which I expect to go up.

Note that ALL this ammo is old. The first two are black-powder rounds from the 1940's or before and will probably not fire. The Canuck rounds are at least 30 years old.

I will also note that if you just HAVE to fire a Stevens Favorite in .25 short, you can buy .25 caliber rimfire cartridges designed for driving nails in power-hammers. These come in long plastic strips, but the cartridges can be removed and used. A pure lead shotgun ball can be inserted in the chamber, and the power hammer round put behind it.

While this WORKS, I certainly can't recommend it, and if anyone tries it on their own, it's not my fault and I abjure responsibility."

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397