mr. whelennut: When Browning brought the original T-bolt out, there just were not hardly any quality .22 bolt rifles available. I decided to buy one about the time Browning dis-continued them. So the sources were dried up. But I remembered that a small shop in the town my wife was attending college at, had had one or two for sale. So I went down there and sure enough, they had this one left. They had accidentally put the wrong price on it: Browning at that time made a T1 and T2: the T2 was fancier with checkering and the T1 no checking and oil finished stock. They had put the T2 price on the T1. I pointed that out and they sold it ( the T1 model) for the correct price (I'm thinking $60.) I still have the gun and have always really enjoyed using it. I've never seriously shot it much for groups but use it for the typical .22 shooting out in the country: gophers in the back yard and mostly just plinking. I have the same old Redfield 2 3/4 scope on it that I've had for many years. They were obviously quality made in every sense that I can see: very nicely fit, blued, machined, etc. So yes, I join you in saying "I love my T-bolt." I should add that my wife (the same woman I was dating at the time) really enjoys shooting it too and is quite capable with it.