One unassailable fact is that it was illegal to shoot a lion in the area where it was shot. There was no lion quota there. This is probably a case of "quota swapping," shooting the game in one area and claiming it was shot in another where there is a quota.

Did the dentist know about this or was he duped by the PH and landowner? Who knows? But he was convicted of quota swapping involving a black bear in Wisconsin a few years ago.

Why did they attempt to destroy the GPS collar? Probably because it would have exposed the area where the lion was, in fact, shot. I find it hard to believe that the dentist did not know what was going on.

The problem is that this will harm all hunting. There are fewer and fewer hunters in the USA each year anyway, and most non-hunters think hunting is disgusting. The USFWS was on the cusp of banning lion imports before this incident. They've already banned elephant imports from most of the countries where elephant hunting is legal. Of course polar bear hunting is banned (for Americans). I would not be surprised to see California ban black bear hunting, as they have banned mountain lion hunting. What's next?

A good example is my wife. Despite my three safaris in Africa, including Zimbabwe, when I mentioned I might like to hunt bears, she said--and this is an exact quote--"You leave those little bears alone." Now she does not want to wear the beautiful diamond and gold studded necklace I had made for her form a lion's dew claw.

If I were the dentist, and I were not guilty, I would fight back on Facebook, Twttter, etc. I don't think (I hope) the US has an extradition treaty with Zimbabwe.

As for me, if I had FaceBook or a web site I would not post any pictures of game on it. Nor do I mention what guns I might own on any Internet forum.

The only good thing I see is that the Obamunists have scared so many people into buying guns and getting CCW permits that it will be more difficult for the inevitable confiscation to work.

That's it. Join the NRA if you're not a member.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.