Originally Posted by moosemike
I love this cartridge. Unfortunately you can't find ammo anywhere for it . Companies ceased production even though there must be a million rifles out ther. I've used it in Remingtons model 14 and the 141 and Marlins 336. I want to take a Black Bear over bait with a .35 Remington.

They haven't discontinued it, it's just not a hot seller, so it's relegated to "seasonal" production schedules. In other words, they'll make a "run" in late spring or early summer, for distribution in the early fall, but won't make another run until the following year(or maybe the second year, if they don't sell out that year's production).

Not saying that's the right way to do it, but they sell more .308 or .30/06 than they do .35 Remington, and they need the production capacity for bigger sellers than the old .35. Marlin still makes M336s in .35Rem., they wouldn't make rifles if the ammo were discontinued, no point in it.

It should be hitting the shelves soon enough. There are a heckuva lot more .35s to feed than a lot of other "popular" cartridges. But you might have to wait awhile to find it while it makes its way thru the distribution channels.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.