BTW, Bostwana will in all likelihood reopen hinting as they realize they are all but destroying the eco-system as a result of their 250% carrying capacity in place like the Okavango

Read what I wrote Jorge, the principles of what you are saying are well known, even by me.

Read the whole piece by the people at the University of Pretoria, and tell me if these wildlife scientists are liberal greenies etc....

I will state that I shoulda said nearly all lion hunting in South Africa is, at best, put and take. Doesn't mean its always easy, and from what I gather such lions can be even more of a hazard than wild ones, but the success rate for the hunter is apparently significantly higher.

I agree Botswana will have to open hunting soon, if only for elephants (makes one wonder what on earth controlled elephant numbers before the rifle). But if they don't open up lion hunting again, how is that not an opportunity to compare hunted vs. unhunted lion populations over a large area?

Most of the tagged and tracked male lions at that preserve in Zimbabwe were eventually shot by sport hunters, and the taking of mature pride males can be predicted to often cause the deposement of the surviving pride male(s) and the death of cubs.

How is any of this controversial?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744