Jorge, that's my exactly my point. Obvious it's s complex thing but I guess the bottom line question would be why as a race are they not more industrious.

Dunno.

Jorge's explanation is a simple one that begins with the Germans near the top.

I see people as individuals, race being irrelevant on religious, biological and legal grounds.

In the classroom kids over there were far more mature and wanting to excel in their studies so as to get out of there.

Personalities in the classroom were pretty much the same as over here (extrovert/introvert, class clown etc...), some were smarter than me.

I will say that most University graduates, especially doctors, left to live overseas, for the same reasons we would. When I was there there were more Ghanaian doctors practicing in Germany than there were in Ghana.

Likewise, we Peace Corps teaches were brought in to alleviate a shortage created in part by Ghanaian teachers leaving to teach in Nigeria, the Naira being worth far more than the Cedi. Plus we would live in places most educated professional from there would not.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744